Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Sounds Silly but what's your Tello's name?

I just refer to it as the drone, now that I have a mavic mini I refer to it as the old drone and the mavic the new one

tello #1, tello #2, tello #3, tello . #4, tello #5 ?

#1 is now retired and sits on a shelf (I lost track of the flights but must be around 100h, still flies OK but has vibrations from bent shafts)
#2 was killed by Singapore Airlines (crushed in a checked bag)
#3 and #4 are for development and for the kids
#5 is reserved for personal use

LMAO quite some Tellos you got right there.. Didn't you use hardcase to carry the Tello #2 around?

Mine is simply Rich's Tello. 2 months into flying it and got the Mavic Mini right away for better fly and video experience.

LMAO quite some Tellos you got right there.. Didn't you use hardcase to carry the Tello #2 around?

Mine is simply Rich's Tello. 2 months into flying it and got the Mavic Mini right away for better fly and video experience.
I used a normal tello hardcase off amazon for travels. But hardcase isn't enough to cope with airport baggage guys. Plus the batteries work loose and become a hazard. I now use the cases only for indoor storage.
For travel I switched to a tiny kids plastic lunchbox with a bit of foam, keeping all parts in place no matter what. Indestructable and half the size of normal tello cases.

Reactions: SandiSCE
I bought a second Tello so now Buzzy has a brother...
T-bird.

Then I flew Buzzy into a ceiling fan so he's grounded for now. When replacing a motor I accidentally pulled the ribbon cable partly out of the camera and haven't yet figured out how to get it working again. He flies but no video. Oh well, c'est la vi...

Reactions: SandiSCE
I bought a second Tello so now Buzzy has a brother...
T-bird.

Then I flew Buzzy into a ceiling fan so he's grounded for now. When replacing a motor I accidentally pulled the ribbon cable partly out of the camera and haven't yet figured out how to get it working again. He flies but no video. Oh well, c'est la vi...

Same thing (almost) happened to me. Got the blade working but kamera kaput. I had a cheap ummm. ‘Foreign’ GoPro knock-off of a camera. Took it apart and mounted it to the Tello’s white top. Now there is 4K vid. I cannot line my shots up easily because I am not connected to the actual camera but meh.

BTW I have learned so much since becoming a member here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chickadee One

I named it after my favorite bird which is also small, and black and white so it was a perfect fit for the Tello...

I have a yellow shell on it now and 2 yellow props in front so I now call it Tello Yellow Jacket.
I had a spider skin for a while so it was TelloSpider then.
The original white shell and black props make it look (and sound) like a TelloMosquito.
I like to change the looks frequently! Lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv