Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Stuck at "Obtaining IP Address"

the_d_fresh

Reaction score
Using Pixel2XL - can not get past "Obtaining IP Address" when trying to connect to Tello's wifi network. Have tried a factory reset on the Tello, have forgotten network, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still getting the same problem. Can't get connected at all. Worked when I first got it, but will not work now for some reason. Can't find anything online about it. Help?

Rocking a Pixel XL as well. Few more steps:
  • Make sure VPN services are not enabled
  • Go to Settings, Apps & notification, search Google Play services, tap Storage, Clear Cache. Try connection to Tello's SSID again.
  • Or Nuclear option : Go to Systems, Advanced, Reset options, Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
* Last option resets all connectivity credentials so your call

No dice. Not willing to go nuclear lol Super weird because it worked when I first got it but then boom, no dice now.

Was it involved in a crash? Wondering, not accusing.

Pixel's on the latest Android OS?

Do you have another device to connect with?

For giggles, try setting a static IP:
  • IP = 192.168.10.2
  • Gateway = 192.168.10.1
  • Subnet = 255.255.255.0

Using Pixel2XL - can not get past "Obtaining IP Address" when trying to connect to Tello's wifi network. Have tried a factory reset on the Tello, have forgotten network, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still getting the same problem. Can't get connected at all. Worked when I first got it, but will not work now for some reason. Can't find anything online about it. Help?
Oh I feel ur pain with this , mine worked at first , then I was prompted to do film wear update , done it and everything it not working now , it wont even show up in wifi selection , tryed allsorts , some1 suggested put ur phone into aeroplane mode then connect the wifi ? It never worked for me but I may for u :)

I have the same issue.
Airplane mode is on, mobile data is off. Tello was reset, network deleted from my phone.

Still stuck on "Obtaining Ip address"

None of the above mentioned solutions worked. Will try with another phone/tablet -- that seems to the last resort for me

Was it involved in a crash? Wondering, not accusing.

Pixel's on the latest Android OS?

Do you have another device to connect with?

For giggles, try setting a static IP:
  • IP = 192.168.10.2
  • Gateway = 192.168.10.1
  • Subnet = 255.255.255.0

How could I change gateway of drones? to connect two drones simultaneously? because making swarm using a router not allows to use cameras..

My issue rectified itself eventually.

I took out my battery for a while. -- that did the job for me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843