Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Superbowl no fly zone.

mark74

Reaction score
I just had to laugh. On the news the said that there is a 30 mile no fly zone near the stadium complex and that this includes drones. I understand the need for security and safety, but they showed some already confiscated drones. One was a tello. I found it odd that that us the one that they picked as an example. Its winter you get so few good weather days to fly and they take a few good ones away. What is a tello that technically can only go 30 feet high do 20 miles away?

Reactions: Tone
The white one is a Spark. The Tello can go 98.4 feet up and @raulvolador has demonstrated that it can be flown 2,355 ft.View attachment 3027
Have you seen the 100 meter height ios hack?! I think anyone would be crazy to fly that high with Tello but for some, 100 bucks is nothing and they can let it just fly away because of irresponsibility/stupidity. I would like the flexibility to rise a little above 30m. I hope someone cracks the code for Android eventually.

Reactions: Tom4707
Have you seen the 100 meter height ios hack?! I think anyone would be crazy to fly that high with Tello but for some, 100 bucks is nothing and they can let it just fly away because of irresponsibility/stupidity. I would like the flexibility to rise a little above 30m. I hope someone cracks the code for Android eventually.
There is a 100 meter hack? I will have to look into this. If so, I will be able to fly from ground floor to my apartment on the 20th floor.

Reactions: xcrost
There is a 100 meter hack? I will have to look into this. If so, I will be able to fly from ground floor to my apartment on the 20th floor.
Yes in Apple store "Altitude limit"

I don't have ios so I can't test it. After further reading I really can't find where it actually works! Let me know what you find! Sorry if I failed you. lol

Reactions: Ansia
that this includes drones
Might well be they think of the "real" drones used in Afghanistan etc. and not of our copters - you definitely don't want those drones anywhere near the stadium or any other populated place....

Reactions: xcrost
I don't have ios so I can't test it. After further reading I really can't find where it actually works! Let me know what you find! Sorry if I failed you. lol
My work phone is ios. Looked in the apple store. All I could find is the old 100 ft (30m) onw. ?

My work phone is ios. Looked in the apple store. All I could find is the old 100 ft (30m) onw. ?
yeah...sorry...I did a little digging and it may have worked initially but a firmware update killed it...mid last year...Oh well we can still have false hopes for the future I guess :)

yeah...sorry...I did a little digging and it may have worked initially but a firmware update killed it...mid last year...Oh well we can still have false hopes for the future I guess :)
Where did u dig that up? I saw this app before when searching for tello related apps on app store. I think it was a bit of a hoax. The maker maybe have meant 1-100ft? I donno. I don't think tello can even have signal up that high with xiaomi extender. Oh and the poor buggers paid for the app not knowing the stock app can already increase limit to 30m.

Where did u dig that up? I saw this app before when searching for tello related apps on app store. I think it was a bit of a hoax. The maker maybe have meant 1-100ft? I donno. I don't think tello can even have signal up that high with xiaomi extender.
If it can have signal at 600m distance, it should have signal at 100m height.

If it can have signal at 600m distance, it should have signal at 100m height.
I fly in area with heavy wifi pollution and I found that tello loses signal strength faster with higher altitude than further horizontal displacement. I can have full signal 80m away from me at 4m height but 30m directly above me I get 1-2 bars of signal. I can orient my extender to improve it though, also results differ from day to day. My theory is that the mi extender does not have a spherical signal zone. More like a disc shaped signal zone.

Where did u dig that up? I saw this app before when searching for tello related apps on app store. I think it was a bit of a hoax. The maker maybe have meant 1-100ft? I donno. I don't think tello can even have signal up that high with xiaomi extender. Oh and the poor buggers paid for the app not knowing the stock app can already increase limit to 30m.
Altitude Limit for TELLO : Application for iPhone
Note bottom left in yellow

I fly in area with heavy wifi pollution and I found that tello loses signal strength faster with higher altitude than further horizontal displacement. I can have full signal 80m away from me at 4m height but 30m directly above me I get 1-2 bars of signal. My theory is that the mi extender does not have a spherical signal zone. More like a disc shaped signal zone.
I agree it does not work as good especially straight up. My roof is about 15 ft. high and I have taken off from there, flown downhill a couple hundred feet. End result I am about 140ft. up..wifi still ok but no vps

My guess it's a typo from the creators and he ment 100ft. Or after Ryze upgraded from 10m to 30m, so he could continue selling his app.

Reactions: Guorium
I saw mention of it in a few places. Too many to be a typo...so must be the latter! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv