Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Altitude hack?

SJLPHI

Reaction score
Hello,

As of now, in August 25 2020, the default Tello app and Tello FPV gives us the maximum altitude of 30 m. I never thought that it would be a problem until recently.

I live in Switzerland, surrounded by many hills and mountains. If I start my drone from top of a hill, and walk down (with the Xiaomi wifi extender 2) the hill and let the drone stay the same altitude, the dron eventually is physically ~60m above ground. At this height the VPS struggles very hard to keep the drone in its place, but I don't care about the VPS at all.

Now if I start my drone from down the hill and fly and walk up the hill with it, the drone simply cannot go higher than 30m above where it started.

Obviously this is a software lock. Has anyone figured out how to get around this issue to fly higher than "30m"?

Reactions: Fari
Now if I start my drone from down the hill and fly and walk up the hill with it, the drone simply cannot go higher than 30m above where it started.

About this part, I had the same problem but then I'd just quickly land and takeoff, it would have to be confirmed but I'm pretty sure Tello FPV reset ground altitude every time you takeoff.

About this part, I had the same problem but then I'd just quickly land and takeoff, it would have to be confirmed but I'm pretty sure Tello FPV reset ground altitude every time you takeoff.
maximum altitude is always relative to takeoff point. Nothing we can do about this

maximum altitude is always relative to takeoff point. Nothing we can do about this
Yup makes complete sense.

That's why I'd quickly land & takeoff Gizmo here and there (if I'm changing altitude too much in the same flight) to avoid getting an altitude limit warning while climbing a stair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv