Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello app will not open

utmustang05

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just received my Tello and when I get the Tello app and tried to open it I got a error message that said there was a bug in the app and to clear the app cash which I did then tried to open it again and got an error message that said the app has and bug and to wait till the admin fixed it. Any suggestions on how to get my Tello flying? I'm using Samsung S21 Android.

Last edited:

Hacky

Reaction score
Tello app 1.6.0.0 is not compatible with Android 12. You need 1.6.0.1 that you can download directly from DJI: Tello

utmustang05

Reaction score
Thank you. I did so and it appears everything works now. Thanks for the advice.
Another quick question I see allot of other apps for the Tello and am curious is there any advantages to these other apps?

Hacky

Reaction score
Functionally, Tello FPV is richer than the "original" Tello app. But I would start with original app because it also handles firmware updates for you.

jx032r

Reaction score
Dear Team Tello,

I have issues with my Tello every time that lights are low(almost night), same issue when I'm in closed space, my Tello drone goes down sideward and can't balanced itself. Is this normal?

Hacky

Reaction score
...every time that lights are low(almost night), same issue when I'm in closed space, my Tello drone goes down sideward and can't balanced itself. Is this normal?
Yes. The VPS (visual positioning system) needs light and some structured ground.

jx032r

Reaction score
Yes. The VPS (visual positioning system) needs light and some structured ground.
Thank you for your response, Will the "stay mode" in <FPV> Tello app can be able to stop it from going down sideward when malfunctioning due to lighting(VPS failed) issue?

volate!lo

Reaction score
no.
All the STOP button does is put tello into Sport mode with maximum attitude angle so it can stop quicker &handle more wind /turbulences than in slow video mode.
If VPS isn't available the app can't do much of it's own as it doesn't add any sensors or magic.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenb7976