Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello battery: 1 green blink and 2 red (no charging)

PetPol

Reaction score
Hi there. I have not used my tello for a relly long time (2 years+). I connected to charge and I receive 1 green blink follwed by two red blinks and then nothing.
Any ideas? My guess is that I need a new battery...

My guess is that I need a new battery...

Yes.

If you like tinkering, and have a li-po charger, then you can make some holes and charge the cells directly, then it will work - the Tello batteries are not locking permanently like other DJI batteries.

But the cells are damaged, so you will get low flight time. Specifics depend on how much it was discharged - you've lost 20%-90% of the capacity, and it's possible you'll get an error and auto-landing seconds after starting the motors.

Also, damaged batteries tend to heat up more, and they release hydrogen. So these cells are more likely to turn into smoke flare.

Reactions: Bobcat
Yes.

If you like tinkering, and have a li-po charger, then you can make some holes and charge the cells directly, then it will work - the Tello batteries are not locking permanently like other DJI batteries.

But the cells are damaged, so you will get low flight time. Specifics depend on how much it was discharged - you've lost 20%-90% of the capacity, and it's possible you'll get an error and auto-landing seconds after starting the motors.

Also, damaged batteries tend to heat up more, and they release hydrogen. So these cells are more likely to turn into smoke flare.
I had the same problem. Bought a new battey and still the same, can't charge. Online service told me to update firmware but the drone said that can't update it if battery is lower than 50%. Can I fix it?

Yes.

I had the same problem. Bought a new battey and still the same, can't charge. Online service told me to update firmware but the drone said that can't update it if battery is lower than 50%. Can I fix it?

Exactly the same issue happened with me. Bought a new one and no charging. Please let us know if you will come up with a solution!

Give the battery a "shock". Connect (+) with (+) and (-) with (-) on a polling source larger than battery (up to 12V) for at least 1 min. I did it with a 12V one and it started charging again.

Hi there. I have not used my tello for a relly long time (2 years+). I connected to charge and I receive 1 green blink follwed by two red blinks and then nothing.
Any ideas? My guess is that I need a new battery...
hi there, i had the same problem and i found the solution on the internet from a gut from Argentina: The real problem is the app, to update the firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 on android only (you can find it online) and a charge battery.
Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app.
this work for me and i hope works for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv