Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello "drifts; does not respond to controls"

sirianth

Reaction score
Hi Y'All--

Having some real issues with my machine.

Frequently, it just disconnects from control. I've used the regular tello app. The FPV app. I've used no controller. Or controller. Same problems. Frequently it says, "wifi interference" and sometimes it refuses to yaw in a particular direction (e.g. backwards).

What could be causing these problems?
Do I need to buy some kind of wifi-repeater?
I'm using it in urban areas, is this all interference? If so, seems a bummer you can't use it in yr neighborhood.

My firmware is up to date.
Is there a way to run a diagnostic test on the machine?

sirianth

Reaction score
More data:

I just recalibrated; flies 'perfectly' inside; so, I'm wondering what's going on when it's outside?

mbazli

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is relevant to you, but I have intermittent issue controlling Tello when its nearby my GoPro.

I believe the WiFi interference cause this issue and the symptom is Tello unable to respond with
my command (in this case I'm using Python script from my PC)

The_5treet

Reaction score
Put your phone in Airplane mode, and any other devices near by

Silver Dollar

Reaction score
I have had the same disconnect issues. What nearly eliminates the problem for me is:

Get a MI repeater and follow this tello mi startup procedure. First turnoff wifi in the phone then turn on tello wait for blinking yellow lights and turn repeater and wait for blue light. Just then turn on wifi in phone and connect to repeater. [If the phone conects to tello first then repeater will not connect] Open Telloftp.

Other suggestions included: not flying directly over the MI, keep MI at least 10 feet from the controller and not getting the controller between the Tello and the MI.

Stay away from any metal structures.

Silver Dollar

Reaction score

sirianth

Reaction score
@Silver Dollar hey there, that one is out of stock! unfortunately; do you have another you recommend? would like to buy something that someone has used before, rather than randomly choosing something...

Silver Dollar

Reaction score
@Silver Dollar hey there, that one is out of stock! unfortunately; do you have another you recommend? would like to buy something that someone has used before, rather than randomly choosing something...
Try ebay - click. Better hurry I read somewhere that the government wants to regulate wifi repeaters.

sirianth

Reaction score
Hi There,

How do you use this? I cannot find a manual online. Do you have to plug it into a battery pack? What happens next?

THANKS!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tello Dancer