Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello "drifts; does not respond to controls"

sirianth

Reaction score
Hi Y'All--

Having some real issues with my machine.

Frequently, it just disconnects from control. I've used the regular tello app. The FPV app. I've used no controller. Or controller. Same problems. Frequently it says, "wifi interference" and sometimes it refuses to yaw in a particular direction (e.g. backwards).

What could be causing these problems?
Do I need to buy some kind of wifi-repeater?
I'm using it in urban areas, is this all interference? If so, seems a bummer you can't use it in yr neighborhood.

My firmware is up to date.
Is there a way to run a diagnostic test on the machine?

More data:

I just recalibrated; flies 'perfectly' inside; so, I'm wondering what's going on when it's outside?

I'm not sure if this is relevant to you, but I have intermittent issue controlling Tello when its nearby my GoPro.

I believe the WiFi interference cause this issue and the symptom is Tello unable to respond with
my command (in this case I'm using Python script from my PC)

I have had the same disconnect issues. What nearly eliminates the problem for me is:

Get a MI repeater and follow this tello mi startup procedure. First turnoff wifi in the phone then turn on tello wait for blinking yellow lights and turn repeater and wait for blue light. Just then turn on wifi in phone and connect to repeater. [If the phone conects to tello first then repeater will not connect] Open Telloftp.

Other suggestions included: not flying directly over the MI, keep MI at least 10 feet from the controller and not getting the controller between the Tello and the MI.

Stay away from any metal structures.

@Silver Dollar hey there, that one is out of stock! unfortunately; do you have another you recommend? would like to buy something that someone has used before, rather than randomly choosing something...

Hi There,

How do you use this? I cannot find a manual online. Do you have to plug it into a battery pack? What happens next?

THANKS!

Sorry you've had to walk me through this step by step. I bought that repeater, the tuoshi one, but I don't see it's wifi name. It showed up for you?

Sorry you've had to walk me through this step by step. I bought that repeater, the tuoshi one, but I don't see it's wifi name. It showed up for you?
Yes it shows up. Try the following procedure: In windows 10 open chrome, plug in extender and open extender in wifi selections. This will open a window in crome where you select the tello and the program sets up tello-xxxx_plus. Click on finish.

The WIFI name did not come up as Tuoshi-xxxx. It started with EB, I think. Turn it off and on a couple of times and you should be able to I.D. Tuoshi’s WIFI.

Plugged it in multiple times; don't see the network. @BigL

" open extender in wifi selections " <-- where do you find this menu, I couldn't see it. I saw "mobile hotspot" but when I searched extender in the menu I didn't find anything. @Silver Dollar

When I search for the WIFI network, my Tuoshi network came up as Wi-Fi_61FA79. I tapped it to connect and it started the cloning operation. I chose the network name to connect to, entered the password then clicked to the end.

Plugged it in multiple times; don't see the network. @BigL

" open extender in wifi selections " <-- where do you find this menu, I couldn't see it. I saw "mobile hotspot" but when I searched extender in the menu I didn't find anything. @Silver Dollar
BigL has the key. The name of the network is odd. Open your wifi connections and then power up the extender. Keep your eyes open for a new network as your wifi refreshes.

Reactions: BigL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv