Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Drone Repair Cost?

Blue_Ruby

Reaction score
Hello, I won a tello drone from the IBM drone giveaway, and received it about 3 weeks ago, and I managed to damage a motor, the bottom left motor no longer spins fast enough for the drone to take off, i have tried calibrating it multiple times with no success, Does anyone know what Ryze charges for a repair like this?

Thanks,
Reuben Talbott

Also, it can be little grains of sand in the housing motor when colliding with the ground. I recommend cleaning the drone well before each flight

I believe Ryze's labor charge is $65.00 per hour with a 1 hour minimum. Plus the cost of a new motor. I cannot imagine it taking any longer than 1 hour. It's almost cheaper to buy a new drone and keep the old one for parts. I just went through a no charge warranty repair or I would have just purchased a new drone. Repairs on a $100.00 drone are just not practical. Repair it yourself if you have soldering skills.

Reactions: stewe12
Thanks for all of the suggestions, The motor is definitely busted, going to order some new motors from amazon and hope I don't fry the thing when I solder on the new moters.

Hello, I won a tello drone from the IBM drone giveaway, and received it about 3 weeks ago, and I managed to damage a motor, the bottom left motor no longer spins fast enough for the drone to take off, i have tried calibrating it multiple times with no success, Does anyone know what Ryze charges for a repair like this?

Thanks,
Reuben Talbott
Hello. I am trying to source motors for testing with a view to incorporating them into my product as an OEM. One Chinese company. T-Motor, has motors that are 3x the price of another Chinese drone motor company, Technomotor, but with similar specs, ie KV value, stator height, width, 4-6S, etc. I asked them why 3x the price? They said its because they are 'better' and 'airspace' companies use them but when pressed they cannot give specifics about why they are better but just that they are better or companies would not buy them. T-Motors website is impressive. However, I shake my head as that doesn't tell me a thing except that they are good and marketing and that I could become a lemming . The pricing and specs of drone motors seems to be the wild wild west. It's hard even to get efficiency curves out of them. Can someone enlighten me to this rarified world of trying to source drone motors? Why is it so difficult and the companies so secretive? I don't have this problem with other parts I am trying to source.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv