Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Firmware refuses to download

JoelH

Reaction score
So I have been using my tello drone just fine without any issues, even up until a couple weeks ago. However, today I attempted to fly it, and it said that it needed to update firmware, and I attempted to so so, but whenever I did it would stick on this screen:Screenshot_20190221-171147.jpg
I have attempted to delete and reinstall the app, but nothing I have done will make the app update. A friend downloaded the app and was able to fly the drone without issues, but I haven't been able to (I have Android, he had an iPhone). Any help would be much appreciated.

Are you connected to the internet for the download? Otherwise you'll never get the package onto your phone....
Might be necessary to disconnect from Tello for the download, FW update should start after the drone is connected again (IIRC)

same problem for me with an iphone xr, the download won't start... i tryed to wait some minutes (10-15) but without success

I had similar problems on my first attempt (Android 9), but in the end it was indeed only the internet connection: Tello uses the WiFi connection (albeit this does not have internet access) which usually has priority over mobile data (3G, 4G) for data download.
This setup does make perfect sense when you are connected to a normal WiFi access point, but with Tello you sometimes have to force the usage of mobile data connection for download of the FW update. Or disconnect WiFi from Tello (do not exit the Tello app), connect to your access point and reconnect Tello after the download.

About me, i switched from tello wifi to my home wifi before launch the download, but won't download anything. I tryed to concat ryze and they tell me that iphone is not a suggested phone, i'll try again with an ipad and if it's no working i'll contact them again

I have the same problem. I‘m stuck to the Download-Screen.

I tried it on the following devices: iPhone XS, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, Moto G 1. Gen.
I even installed 1.1.2 - the download did still not start...

Some problem here.
I tried on Iphone Xr, Iphone X, Ipad Mini 2, and Android ZTE Axon 7
I tried VPN to different countries.
Seems like a server problem, other people on dji forum have some problem.
I contacted Ryze people, they said it was my device and tey create a ticket and will let me know :mad:

I downloaded it yesterday on my iPhone without problems. The firmware said it had added support for swift playground, if that’s the latest firmware?

I tried iOS and Android, even old versions of the app. Ryze is the only one who can fix this. And of they can‘t fix it this week i‘'ll return it...

My guess: the problem only happens if you have a new Tello with Firmware 01.03.33.01. If you already did an update you won‘t have a problem with the newest one..

I too am having this problem. I have a Moto G5 plus and it has worked fine until recently. I have tried to download over WiFi and 4G. Nothing won't even start. I was hopin this update might correct other problems I am having but that, I suppose, is for another thread.

It might help if you could post your current Tello firmware version as well as the country/provider where you tried it. And probably the phone model and OS version.

Hi XXX,

We are sorry to know and we apologize for the inconveniences that the firmware downloading issue has caused you.

Currently, our system that allows you to download the latest firmware is being updated causing this downloading issues. You can still use the version of the firmware that your drone currently has and your drone can still be used as normal.

As of the moment, we do not have yet the exact nor estimated time and date when this will be finished, however, rest assured that our engineers are now working to immediately resolve this issue.

Thank you very much and we appreciate your understanding.
Best Regards,
XXX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv