Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello + FPV camera.

The fact is everyone is having problems with the video feed, whether on iOS or Android and it is very inconsistent and worse when you use a Bluetooth RC.

Not me and my android cell.

My only problem is that I'm unable to upload the mp4 proof to this site.

I did my first full flight today. Outside with a little wind I got 10:30 seconds of fast mode flying on one battery. It was perfectly stable. And a lot of fun to fly!

I tried mounting the camera further forward and while I could see better I think it was more fun flying with it further back where you can see the motors. I'm also going to try mounting the camera on the bottom, although that will make takeoff/landing awkward.

Version 2 improvements included a elastic battery mount (rubber band) while V3 will feature quick release camera and battery mounts (Velcro).

I have the parts on order to be able to record from the camera. So I'll post a fpv video later in the week.

Heck, I could throw this on my Tello for flying indoors and probably could negate the added weight by taking off the prop guards, which hopefully I wouldn’t need as much.

Prop guards are especially recommended when flying indoors.

Do you know how much the camera and battery weight, and if the Tello have the same flight time duration ? I just order myself a mini dashcam WITH A SD CARD SLOT and wondering what it will result!
Link! I want a link! ?
Never thought of that, a cam with a mini sd card.

Ordered two, thanks for the link (which was already there)
This is going to be a fun project just like it used to be building oddballs out of parts?.
Except that these little higher tech machines fly like a dream already and all you need to do is add your fun experiments.

I've been wondering if this forum had a thread like this...
I've been searching on the internet for a 3D model of the cover but nothing seems to pop up. Thingiverse seems to be packed with mods but they all rely on the actual Tello cover. I'd like to find a model of the cover.... :unsure:

Reactions: Krag
Dude you guys fpv is on the app I use it daily . I use some basic $10 vr goggles that you put your phone in and you must have a controller/transmitter and it can’t be the game vice

The fact is everyone is having problems with the video feed, whether on iOS or Android and it is very inconsistent and worse when you use a Bluetooth RC.
I don’t have problems with feed and I have both controllers gamevice 175 and game sir for fpv you gotta use gamesir you may need to try a new location

What did you buy, and where did you buy it? And where are you pulling voltage from? Looks like a great idea!
Its linked in the post just above this one. The power was a lipo battery you can see dangling in the video. But someone else did a wired in adapter. See the previous page for a pic of that.

Its linked in the post just above this one. The power was a lipo battery you can see dangling in the video. But someone else did a wired in adapter. See the previous page for a pic of that.
I see it now..thanks for pointing it out. I love the printed holder for the camera-that's very cool. And I imagine someone could come up with a additional holder for the lipo that runs the camera (if one didn't want to jailbreak their Tello).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode