Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello is turning off after one minute of no movement

Reaction score
After one minute of no movement, the Tello is turning off by itself. Then it needs to be manually turned on again and the WIFI, app, and controller needs to connect.
Is there some way to extend that time?
Maybe with some command which is not executed as a movement?
Can another app (Blocks?) help to keep the Tello on and to take langer videos than just one minute?
Or can this turning off feature be disabled?

Thank you.

It was just a test to see if the Tello could be used for observations (fly somewhere, watch and record silently as long as possible) and then start and fly away again. With the heat issue, it seems the Tello is not suitable for such tasks.

It was just a test to see if the Tello could be used for observations (fly somewhere, watch and record silently as long as possible) and then start and fly away again. With the heat issue, it seems the Tello is not suitable for such tasks.
No drone is silent. If you plan to use it for your investigations, you will be found out really fast.

No drone is silent. If you plan to use it for your investigations, you will be found out really fast.
It depends on environment. If people are busy and in loud area then it can be achieved.

You can fly somewhere, land, and initiate the motor arm sequence so the props start to spin again. This will cool tello enough to let it sit there without overheating, and is very quiet. A new fully charged battery has about 45-50 min time of cooling. As long as you stay connected tello will also not shut down.

So you are considering the Tello as a disposable camera of sorts. If you stay long enough, it may run out of battery and not return.

You can fly somewhere, land, and initiate the motor arm sequence so the props start to spin again. This will cool tello enough to let it sit there without overheating, and is very quiet. A new fully charged battery has about 45-50 min time of cooling. As long as you stay connected tello will also not shut down.
Vola: hello again! You can see I've taken your advice! I'm curious - what is a "motor arm sequence," & how does one initiate it? Thank You!

Vola: hello again! You can see I've taken your advice! I'm curious - what is a "motor arm sequence," & how does one initiate it? Thank You!
By placing the controller or on screen joysticks in the 5 and 7 o'clock position ( \ ) ( / ) will engage the motors, but will not make the drone take off.

Welcome! Best place to be for tello know how!

Both sticks inside and down starts the motors without taking off. To take off use throttle.

Do you guys know anything about configuring the Xiaoami WiFi Repeater with the Tello? I've hit a hurdle that I cannot seem to surmount!

Do you guys know anything about configuring the Xiaoami WiFi Repeater with the Tello? I've hit a hurdle that I cannot seem to surmount!
Remember to set up a password before doing the setup. After that just follow the instructions in the link below.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv