Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Keep wifi Tello alive

MathMed

Reaction score
I am programming the Tello. If there is no interaction Tello stops its server within a few minutes.
I have to reconnect it an awsome nu ber of times during programming development.
Can I keep the server alive someway ?

briest

Reaction score
Probably Tello turns off from overheating. Try using cooling pad, fan or at least start motors (without taking off) to use its own propellers as "fans".

Reactions: umanbean

MathMed

Reaction score
Thanks for answering my question
Its not a problem of overheating.
It is the general problem that if you power on the Tello and you give no instructions for about a minute or 2 it turns off, then I have go out of the python programming environment and to couple the wifi of IOS (iphone X , or Ipad Pro) again to Tello-plus of the Xiaomi repeater and I have to power on the Tello again.

That’s not so nice if this happens 10 times an hour

umanbean

Reaction score
Its not a problem of overheating
Sorry to dispute your word but yes, it IS a problem of overheating. @briest is correct.

Without a fan Tello will turn itself off in a minute or two.

As an experiment, I turned mine on with a small USB-powered fan blowing on it. It has stayed on for over 24 minutes as of right now.

Put a fan blowing on yours and you'll see.

Last edited:

umanbean

Reaction score
My Tello has stayed powered on for over 33 minutes as of now while sitting on my kitchen counter... the battery went from 100% to 57%

biloute.abx

Reaction score
Hello I am from Belgium and have the same problem. Solution: Press the power button and hold it 5 sec on.Then tray again, by me it's solved.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan Suthard