Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello moves it self after takeoff

mehmetbilir1356

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to make Tello follows black line on white plane with raspberry pi zero, but problem is after takeoff it doesn't stay at sma position and it starts moving. I think problem is it tries to find a place to track. How can I solve this problem? Thank you.

Ok so original Tello as you've already stated starts to drift, the downward facing camera needs objects to stabilize it's position, just like your eyes and seeing the horizon on a boat helps you to stay standing straight up.

I would recommend a different approach. You can keep the white plane and black line but add some objects randomly on the white part, so it can accurately keep it's position in the air, you will need to keep experiment with different heights.

Next step is to either create your own app that only tracks a black line with front camera. Or use aTello with your phone and use object tracking of a target like green or orange ball on a line following robot. The Tello would follow the ball, resulting in following the line.

Until Ryze releases the software for the downward camera there is no way to access the I formation from that camera to program to follow a black line

Reactions: mehmetbilir1356
I had to follow black line on white plane, but thank you for your answer. I will try other things.
3 way can do this functions.
1. Tello Edu layout Mission Pad on Black Line
2. Pi Zero send commands from Wi-Fi to control Tello,Pi Zero (include pi camera module ) install on Tello
3. pc opencv tracking a black line with front camera,Tello front view camera install 45-degree reflector.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv