Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello moving forward without any input

simhaindia

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a brand new tello. On my first flight indoors the tello moves forward without any input from app. It does not hover at one place. Rather it just keeps moving front very slowly. I also tried hand land but it is not working. The tello switched off just after two take off and landing stating overheat. Is the device faulty?. Please help.

For the Moving Forwards, I suggest you do an IMU and Gravity Calibration and see if that corrects itself.

Hand land, you have to set it in the app and then place your hand. If you place your hand first, it wont recognize it and never lands.

If you leave the Tello on the floor for a period of time, it will overheat. The Tello dissipates the heat from underneath and without much clearance and without the help from the prop wash to dissipate the heat, then the built up will make the Tello turn off to prevent damage to the electronics.

For the Moving Forwards, I suggest you do an IMU and Gravity Calibration and see if that corrects itself.

Hand land, you have to set it in the app and then place your hand. If you place your hand first, it wont recognize it and never lands.

If you leave the Tello on the floor for a period of time, it will overheat. The Tello dissipates the heat from underneath and without much clearance and without the help from the prop wash to dissipate the heat, then the built up will make the Tello turn off to prevent damage to the electronics.
Thank you.
I tried to fly outdoors today morning. Slightly windy. Hand landing worked. But I felt tello quite unstable. Some time it move 1meter forward and again came back to the position. Is it normal?

Thank you.
I tried to fly outdoors today morning. Slightly windy. Hand landing worked. But I felt tello quite unstable. Some time it move 1meter forward and again came back to the position. Is it normal?
Yes. You can see plenty of reviews where this happens.

I'm new to this community and face the same issue. Would you be able to help/point me on how to do IMU and gravity calibration?

Mine works so much better outside but after I did the recommended calibrations outside... it works better inside now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv