Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello only fly few centimetres forward

Chong

Reaction score
Hi
I have a problem with my Tello for a few days and I thought that maybe someone here had similar troubles. I didn't had any collision that may have caused it but since I start my drone lately I can't control it properly. It starts and lands without any problem, also changes attitude and can rotate but I can't fly it more than around 10-30cm forward, backwards or sideways. It moves a little and then stops even with stick on full speed and even in sport mode. I did all calibrations once again, changed propellers and tried with Tello FPV app. Anyone have any idea what is the problem?

Yes, both IMU and gravity callibration. I did firmware update, is that the same or you mean something else?

Switch on and wait for the LEDs to turn green.
Long press the power button for 5 seconds until the indicator light turns off then
Let go as soon as the LED starts to flash yellow.

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (unlikely as TelloFPV works), try a different phone and try a controller. If none of those work, I'd be thinking hardware.

Any chance you changed the propellers? I changed mine with props for AliExpress - and it wouldn't take off. Sure - it would start up - but not get off the ground. Too much vibrations.

I changed them for original ones that come in the box. It takes off and lands fine, I just can't steer it in the air except changing attitude and rotating.

Here's the link to the video, because it sounds weird when I say it like that.

Try changing it back to the original DJI propellers and see if it makes a difference.

I also notice you use the original DJI flight control software. I use the TelloFPV (by Volattelo) - and it clearly showed me an issue during the first few seconds of flight (vibration issues). Unfortunately (sorry Volatello - I know this is old news) but TelloFPV only works on Android smartphones. But compared to the DJI flight app - it is miles ahead. I got an Android phone just so that I can use it instead.

These are the original ones. I tried with TelloFPV too, but it didn't make any difference.

Can you post a screen recording done by TelloFPv? The distances recorded could give a clue.

Sorry, weather right now didn't let me make any more tests. Got tired of waiting and I returned it for service under warranty. Will post again if they tell me what was causing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv