Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello overheats when attempting to calibrate

ArJay

Reaction score
I bought a new tello and tried to calibrate before it's first flight. Calibration seems to freeze on the first position. Only once has it progressed to the second position. tello seems to overheat during the process and drone shuts down.
Directions say calibration may take 5-10 minutes but tello will allways overheat and shutdown within the timeframe

I bought a new tello and tried to calibrate before it's first flight. Calibration seems to freeze on the first position. Only once has it progressed to the second position. tello seems to overheat during the process and drone shuts down.
Directions say calibration may take 5-10 minutes but tello will allways overheat and shutdown within the timeframe
It should progress to the next step quickly once it's placed in the right position. Be sure you have it placed exactly like the image, it's very easy to make a mistake by placing it turned the wrong way and the calibration won't progress if you do. Learned that the hard way.

Last edited:
I had to calibrate recently and had the same problem. Not the end of the world, but it is annoying. Put it in the freezer for five minutes, take it out, calibrate right away. Problem solved.

Finally my new tablet can operate my tello. Too windy outside will try inside after I get off work. I tried to calibrate after a few attempts it went and took when I restarted the tello I still had a calibration blue box isn't the color supposed to go grey ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv