Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Photo/Video Not Saving

Hi.

Exact same problem here with a Samsung S4. Pictures are saved correctly. Video recording process seems ok when I launch it on the Tello app on the phone, but it's like no file is saved anywhere when I end the video recording. I'm running on Lineage14 OS.

Try to set the bit rate to, say, 1.5Mb or 2.0Mb. It worked for both my Samsung S8 and Redmi 5 plus.

Just tried with a Galaxy Tab 2 (LineageOS13)

It seems I have some codec issue with the app, and while the video is now saved, it can be played

Screenshot_20180902-102228.png
Screenshot_20180902-102242.png

I'll try the bit rate tweak with the S4

I changed the bit rate on the S4. Now i see a video file on my phone but I can't play it. Maybe a codec issue again

Screenshot_20180902-103355.png

Screenshot_20180902-103532.png

I saved 5 different videos, each of them with a different bit rate. Whatever the length of the video, the file saved is 4ko. And can't be read.

Just so you know, I always set cellular data off, using the Tello, as the phone has huge difficulties to connect to the Tello when cellular data is activated

Screenshot 2018-09-02 at 10.45.48.png

I'm having the same issue - photos and video not saving, I did make sure Tello had access to photos - both read and write...

Phone specs
iPhone 6
ios 12.1

...new drone pilot and new forum user - thanks in advance!
Steve

With all of the problems with the Samsung Galaxy S4, I'm wondering if the firmware or hardware on the S4 has something to do with it. Maybe the S4 just can't record (some) media from the Tello?

Hi.

Exact same problem here with a Samsung S4. Pictures are saved correctly. Video recording process seems ok when I launch it on the Tello app on the phone, but it's like no file is saved anywhere when I end the video recording. I'm running on Lineage14 OS.

As for your problem, check the troubleshooting steps above in the forum. If those don't work, maybe it's LineageOS that could be causing the problem? Then again, the S4 just seems to have bad luck with the Tello.

I'm having the same issue - photos and video not saving, I did make sure Tello had access to photos - both read and write...

Phone specs
iPhone 6
ios 12.1

...new drone pilot and new forum user - thanks in advance!
Steve

Again, maybe the hardware/firmware? Do you have any other symptoms, or another device to test with?
More info is always good! ;)

I just picked up a Tello, and have had some problems with the saving of photos and videos. When I take a picture or video, it acts like it takes the picture or video, but doesn't save it. I have tried restarting the phone, checking the "play" button, and checking the gallery. I also tried plugging it into my computer, but Windows 10 wouldn't recognize (or detect) my device. I have moderate drone and computer experience. (Except for the Tello, got that 3 days ago.)

Any help!!??

Phone Specs:

--- Samsung Galaxy S8

--- Android Version 8.0.0

--- Kernel Version 4.4.78

i have the same problem iPad specks:
ipad 5th gen
IPADOS 13.3

I have had problems on samsung tab a with photos and video which were recorded but not showing up. I found the samsung gallery app to blame. I now started using google photos app and problem fixed. I also noticed that files are saved into different locations such as tellovideo in the stock app. Now using tellofvp app that doesn't do this.

You can look at photo and video in stock app at the top right of screen by pressing the play arrow and see if files are stored. Then if they are you may need to find the files.

Iphone and ipad users need to select the play arrow next to the fpv view button in the tello app. When looking at the photos then need save photos into the photo app

After this is done then you will have access to the photos outside the tello app.

Iphone and ipad users need to select the play arrow next to the fpv view button in the tello app. When looking at the photos then need save photos into the photo app

After this is done then you will have access to the photos outside the tello app.

That is not the case for iPad users.

Hi
has there been a solution for iPad users on finding where/how the photos and videos can be saved/viewed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv