Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello pixelation even with wifi repeater at short range

FrequentFlyer

Reaction score
I wasn't any higher up than about 15 M and about 30m away, and they got a bunch of pixelization a lot when I'm turning and some WiFi interference even though I was using the xiomi Extender with power bank, should be pointing a certain way?

That's the video at one time when a pixelated I was right under it, I'm using Tello fpv app, xiomi extender, and a smart tree power bank that also charges my batteries

Reactions: kashuki
I wonder if it's just the "Dreaded wifi interference" from the neighbors? Didn't see if you were using a Gamesir..if just phone, is Bluetooth turned off?

I have the same issue with the Tello only when I fly at home .This morning I launched out of the bedroom window and it promptly reversed backward into the house and flopped onto the patio,after a quick dust down I was still getting bad video feed flying in our small garden. Outside the village on the green with no nearby houses there are no issues at all.
I'm convinced that our wifi-and the neighbours - are the culprits. From what I can gather the little Tello doesn't reject strong local wifi signals anything like as well as more expensive models.
I am using the Tello + Gamesir + Xiaomi wifi repeater 2+ Sony Xperia phone ,airplane mode on,Bluetooth on

Make sure you have bluetooth off (it creates video interference even when just on but not in use).

But its just a tello, so a certain amount of pixelation is to be expected. Tello's video protocol does not allow for error correction so any wifi packet that is lost in transit is just lost. This pixelation is repaired with requesting an iFrame, so you can tweak a bit by modifying the iFrame period.
But you will never get perfect 1-minute videos out of this little drone. The "perfect" videos have all been cut around pixelation / frame drop events.

Reactions: raulvolador
Hello Volatello and thanks for your advice,and for the rather excellent TelloFPV. I have a question for you though.....will having Bluetooth on in order to use the Gamesir controller affect flight ,or just the video feed?
I'm not concerned about video with the Tello,but it is a bit of a bonus when its video feed lacks interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv