Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Positioning system not working correctly?

I could not control it over 10 meters! With my galaxy s5 phone. After 6 or 7 meters it will lose control.
Yeah false advertising of Ryze DJI .
And theirs excuses bcoz my phone are not listed from compatible phone...but i saw lots of phone included on their list the can't go far also without warning Red

Yeah, night flight should be funny also, from now I didn't try it... Honestly for me tello is the very first drone for learning...the next step will be the Spark!! It seems to be a cool gadget to study navigatation etc.... Of course with Gamesir ;)
You’ll like your Spark! I’ve had one for about 6 months and it’s a great drone—immensely more capable than Tello, but I still love Tello for quick aerial snapshots.

Hey. Every time I fly with my tello it says in a yelloeẃ box in the bottom: Version positioning is unavailable. Land soon as possible. I'm really scared. I just got it yesterday, but I have crashed a couple of times. please help.

Hello Vilhelm,

the known problem is discussed here.
The VPS, which ensures the stabilization of the Tello, no longer works as effectively with the new Tellos, weak artificial light and even ground. Tello stumbles as if she were drunk and difficult to control.
You can try the following: Calibrate the Tello, see User Manual.
Be careful when flying outside in no wind and good lighting conditions.
Fly indoors in bright light and a contrasting ground.
Otherwise there is not much you can do, just buy an older model, as described in the article mentioned.
What is the serial number of your new Tello (box label, under the barcode) and when was it manufactured?

I wish you success

Hello Vilhelm,

the known problem is discussed here.
The VPS, which ensures the stabilization of the Tello, no longer works as effectively with the new Tellos, weak artificial light and even ground. Tello stumbles as if she were drunk and difficult to control.
You can try the following: Calibrate the Tello, see User Manual.
Be careful when flying outside in no wind and good lighting conditions.
Fly indoors in bright light and a contrasting ground.
Otherwise there is not much you can do, just buy an older model, as described in the article mentioned.
What is the serial number of your new Tello (box label, under the barcode) and when was it manufactured?

I wish you success
Thank you so much! It was actually because of the darkness in my room. I'm so glad people want to help me. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

My tello is flying sideways to the right, i already tried the calibration and nothing, the other calibration is gray and not blue
How did you solve this

My tello is flying sideways to the right, i already tried the calibration and nothing, the other calibration is gray and not blue
How did you solve this
I assume that the calibration that you already did was the IMU calibration. The other calibration that is grayed out would be the Gravity calibration. in order to do the Gravity calibration, the Tello has to be hovering.

These instructions are from the TelloFPV App manual -
"Adjust the motor control parameters to changes in thrust (age & wear, propeller changes, prop guards, etc). This is
only available in flight, and you should hover in a place with good natural light, no turbulence and no wind. Ideally
this is executed in the middle of a large room in around 2m altitude. If you do it in a small room, a corner, too low,
near furniture or in any wind the results won’t be good.
During calibration the LED at the front of Tello will light solid purple. The process takes 10-15s, when finished the
LED will start to blink normally."

Hi, i got my tello drone for Christmas and it drifts away while in the air and think's it's higher then it is. This morning it's light indicator beside the camera is solid green for a second, then it changes to red for a second and reapeat's. I have tried IMU calibration twice, Center Of Gravity calibration and changed the propeller's.I tried it at my atti(it's VERY big)and it worked perfectly.Is my floor the problem?

The VPS needs enough light and some structure on the ground. If you have situations, where the VPS is working good, than in the other cases the floor and/or the lighting will be the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted