Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello state packets from drones in station mode

VinVin

Reaction score
In station mode, all Tello drones will be sending their state packets to port:8890. In that case, how can we differentiate the packet came from which drone. Is it possible to differentiate UDP packets based on their source IP address?
Has anyone implemented a prototype for receiving state packets from multiple drones in station mode?

On the client level you should listen to the 8890 port on the certain IP-address and read state strings that are coming from it.
For logging purposes you may append timestamp and IP-address to the state data.

Thanks @Mike Shock . But at a time I can listen to only one IP address at one port right? Or is there a way to listen to multiple IP addresses from the same port at the same time?

Thanks @Mike Shock . But at a time I can listen to only one IP address at one port right? Or is there a way to listen to multiple IP addresses from the same port at the same time?
Certainly you can simultaneously connect to several devices (drones in our case) and receive data from them.
What programming language and libraries are you using?

Thanks Mike for helping with this issue. I was able to implement this

Thanks Mike for helping with this issue. I was able to implement this
Hi, I'm also trying to get the state packets from multiple drones set on station mode. I was wondering if you would be willing to share or give some tips on how you managed to implement this.

Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv