Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

tello takes off and lands automatically immediately

que onda george

Reaction score
I have a problem with my tello
takes off well but after 5 seconds it lands automatically
when it can fly it moves without control and calibrates it several times the IMU and the center of gravity and continues the same
Has someone happened to you? Do you know of any solution?

thank you

That happens to me as well. I get up in the morning, then go back to sleep.

Reactions: StudH
I had a similar problem with mine. i would take off, but it would land soon afterwards. I clued in when I flew it in the living room. Lots of light there, no problems. I went back upstairs, turned on the light and the lamp. Problem solved.

Reactions: Iking1228
I have the same problem, full battery with an iPhone XS, it takes off and even pressing the button to gain altitude it will a bit and then land automatically

I have the same problem, and it seems that lots of people do. Calibrating does nothing, cleaning lenses does nothing. Bright sunlight with no wind, awful flying. Really fed up now, has anyone come up with any answers? I am an avid dji fan and do wonder how this company can allow a product it is associated with, to cause so many problems with owners. Okay it is not an expensive quad, but it is still too much to throw away or even put in a drawer and not use. We all need an answer.

Damaged propeller? I lost the tip to one of mine and had the same take off problems. It only had a small bit missing.
Thanks Andy, I was feeling pretty down because after my first crash a prop came off. I found it and reinstalled it right away, and was happy when the Tello was right back flying. Later I realized that it wasn't as stable and kept losing altitude. Inspected the props this morning and find a little tip was missing and now it's back to flying right!

Gonna throw my two cents into this thread as well... A few days ago my Tello started having issues taking off. It would lift up, then sit right back down. I have made sure I have the props in the correct configuration. I have also calibrated the IMU with the drone and passed the config. Also, I have made sure the battery was fully charged as well and the WiFi signal was connected and strong. Bright light or not doesn't make a difference also...

The weird thing is, one day it won't fly, the next it will. Has anyone else experienced the same problem and if so, what have you found eliminates it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

3DGDad
US Navy, Retired

I have a problem with my tello
takes off well but after 5 seconds it lands automatically
when it can fly it moves without control and calibrates it several times the IMU and the center of gravity and continues the same
Has someone happened to you? Do you know of any solution?

thank you
im not completely sure if this works but get someone to hold the tello then take off while they are holding it but they shouldnt let go just go to the setting and go to the center of gravity calibration thing then click it it will give you the instructions. you are on your own now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv