Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello vs GameSir t1s

bloodbringer

Reaction score
I can connect my GameSir t1s to my Galaxy s10 5g but the t1s won't do anything, like actuating the props, for example. Well, not anything. It does control the phone, which does all kinds of things as I fiddle with the t1s. The Tello does nothing; the Tello FPV app is still in charge. It's as if the signals from the t1s aren't getting past the app. How do I disengage the app so the t1s can do its thing?

I found a solution on YouTube by typing in T1s controller and Tello setup, I did this awhile ago so I don’t have info in front of me, but it should be easy to find!

You don't 'disengage' the app.

Start Tellofpv with the controller successfully connected to the phone. Go to Settings > Controller and tap the 'scan for t1d and flypad' button... the app will find the controller. Tap the drop-down arrow under 'student controller, choose t1s - then enjoy!

You controller is not in gamepad mode but in keyboard mode.
press & hold the B button when turning on the t1s. then connect in android settings, the controller will rumble.

Now start tellofpv and open controller settings, select the t1s as student and onscreen for master,

Reactions: juankastrol

Start Tellofpv with the controller successfully connected to the phone. Go to Settings > Controller and tap the 'scan for t1d and flypad' button... the app will find the controller. Tap the drop-down arrow under 'student controller, choose t1s - then enjoy!
Thanks for trying but no cigar. Nothing I have seen or heard gets me anywhere. I am running Android 11. Maybe this is an issue. Advisors say go to this menu and click this item and set it to xxx. Even if the particular menu exists, the menu item may not and even if IT exists, the advised options may not. Even if everything in the advice is present on my Android and I can actually carry out the advice, I still get nowhere. What people advised six months ago doesn't match the reality of the present. Operating systems and applications are changing constantly; there is too much old "advice" on the web; get rid of it. Even the latest advice often fails to satisfy. The current issue is a case in point. Several people have said "I figured it out and here's the solution. Just do this and your worries are over." Yes, my worries are over, over my head, hanging there still ; they refuse to go away.

press & hold the B button when turning on the t1s. then connect in android settings, the controller will rumble.

Now start tellofpv and open controller settings, select the t1s as student and onscreen for master,

Thanks for trying but no cigar. Nothing I have seen or heard gets me anywhere. I am running Android 11. Maybe this is an issue. Advisors say go to this menu and click this item and set it to xxx. Even if the particular menu exists, the menu item may not and even if IT exists, the advised options may not. Even if everything in the advice is present on my Android and I can actually carry out the advice, I still get nowhere. What people advised six months ago doesn't match the reality of the present. Operating systems and applications are changing constantly; there is too much old "advice" on the web; get rid of it. Even the latest advice often fails to satisfy. The current issue is a case in point. Several people have said "I figured it out and here's the solution. Just do this and your worries are over." Yes, my worries are over, over my head, hanging there still ; they refuse to go away.

Well, it certainly sounds like I'm not going to be able to help you then, sorry.

So what _exactly_ happens if you do what i said?

Last edited:

I used this program to investigate the buttons on my T1s. It tells me that the behaviors of the sticks are reversed. Switching between the two modes has no effect on the sticks. They still produce the same signals in either mode setting AND the Tello doesn't respond (my first issue) either.

I can connect my GameSir t1s to my Galaxy s10 5g but the t1s won't do anything, like actuating the props, for example. Well, not anything. It does control the phone, which does all kinds of things as I fiddle with the t1s. The Tello does nothing; the Tello FPV app is still in charge. It's as if the signals from the t1s aren't getting past the app. How do I disengage the app so the t1s can do its thing?

This is an update. The T1s connects to my phone. Two gamepad testers demonstrate that it is connected and working. It works with the stock Ryze Tello App. It does NOT work with the TelloFPV app. In this case the app indicates that it, too, has discovered the T1s but it doesn't pass the T1s's commands on to the Tello. In the beginning of this frustrating journey I had a similar experience with the stock Ryze app until I discovered that there is a Bluetooth button buried in the settings. There's something similar in the TelloFPV app and I've tried all possible settings to no avail. I think it's my ignorance of how to configure the app but it could be a Bluetooth issue. Recently I had Bluetooth problems trying to transfer a file from my PC to my Android, which ALWAYS said "couldn't connect." Mysteriously, the file transferred OK. I think it might be a timing issue with connecting Android to T1s or which is connected first. Sometimes I was asked to verify an ad hoc seecret code. I tried all the advice I received, even from the TelloFPV folks. No luck. How is it possible that 1000s of people are loose out there flying their heads off and I can't?

This is an update. The T1s connects to my phone. Two gamepad testers demonstrate that it is connected and working. It works with the stock Ryze Tello App. It does NOT work with the TelloFPV app. In this case the app indicates that it, too, has discovered the T1s but it doesn't pass the T1s's commands on to the Tello. In the beginning of this frustrating journey I had a similar experience with the stock Ryze app until I discovered that there is a Bluetooth button buried in the settings. There's something similar in the TelloFPV app and I've tried all possible settings to no avail. I think it's my ignorance of how to configure the app but it could be a Bluetooth issue. Recently I had Bluetooth problems trying to transfer a file from my PC to my Android, which ALWAYS said "couldn't connect." Mysteriously, the file transferred OK. I think it might be a timing issue with connecting Android to T1s or which is connected first. Sometimes I was asked to verify an ad hoc seecret code. I tried all the advice I received, even from the TelloFPV folks. No luck. How is it possible that 1000s of people are loose out there flying their heads off and I can't?
The TelloFPV app appears to recognize that the T1s is connected ("OK" over the controller icon) to my Android and then behaves like a bystander who does nothing. The T1s's commands control the phone, NOT the Tello.

What does "disengage" the app mean?

My T1s works with several gamepad testers AND with the stock Ryze Tello app. The TelloFPV app never works. The T1s always acts in keyboard mode no matter how I "configure" it in the TelloFPV settings. TelloFPV acts like it's ignoring my attempts to select screen or T1s. I suspect this point is where I am doing the wrong thing or failing to do the right thing. At this point in the Ryze Tello app settings you see "GameSir-T1GCM Disconnected" which you poke to see "Disconnected" change to Connected." Now all hardware and software are working properly, together. Fly!

I don't know what" disengage the app" means.

Well, it certainly sounds like I'm not going to be able to help you then, sorry.
What does "disengage the app" mean? How do I do this action? Is there a button I need to lean on? I don't see a "disengage" button. Based on telemetry, I assume, TelloFPV tells me that it is aware of my T1s which remains stuck in keyboard mode no matter what I do. The Ryze Tello app settings are similar but the last minute prompting includes a non-obvious "button." The app shows the T1s and says "disconnected." Now, poke this and it says "connected." I surmise that "disconnected" is synonymous with "disengaged" and this means the app is NOT the target of the T1s commands which are still going to the Android where I previously established the Bluetooth connection with the T1s. Is any of this close to the truth?

My T1s works with several gamepad testers AND with the stock Ryze Tello app. The TelloFPV app never works. The T1s always acts in keyboard mode no matter how I "configure" it in the TelloFPV settings. TelloFPV acts like it's ignoring my attempts to select screen or T1s. I suspect this point is where I am doing the wrong thing or failing to do the right thing. At this point in the Ryze Tello app settings you see "GameSir-T1GCM Disconnected" which you poke to see "Disconnected" change to Connected." Now all hardware and software are working properly, together. Fly!

I don't know what" disengage the app" means.

It's not that TelloFpv acts like it's ignoring anything.

TelloFpv does not handle the inputs of the controller at this point. With the controller in keyboard mode the phone OS receives inputs from the controller and does NOT forward them to the app. So TelloFpv doesn't receive any commands from the controller, because your OS eats them. This is nothing the app can handle.

You must be doing something that nobody else does but I have no clue what exactly it is. All I know is that it works for several thousand users with the same setup.
Do exactly what is written here. Disregard all other conflicting directions you read somewhere else.

Preparation:
Remove the BT pairing for all controllers (from the Android Bluetooth settings). Its best to clear bluetooth data & cache to get rid of everything.
Uninstall TelloFpv. Install TelloFpv. Open TelloFpv and grant all required permissions. This is just to to make sure you haven't messed up things in the settings (you can also just clear the app's data if you know how).
Reboot your phone to make sure that Ryze app hasn't claimed some connection. Do NOT open Ryze app again. If you do, kill it with the task manager. It's a bltch and grabs every connection and never releases it!!

Now the phone should be in a normal state, without any strange settings.

The actual pairing:
Turn on the T1S, make sure you press & hold the B button while turning it on. The Android LED of the controller should light up and blink.
Open Android BT settings and connect the controller. It will rumble / shake and the blinking android LED will remain solid when correctly paired. No rumble, no connection.

Open TelloFpv, wait a few seconds. It should automatically report "Controller Gamesir-t1s connected".
Open Controller settings. Do NOT press "scan for ..." because this doesn't apply! Select "Gamesir T1s" in the dropdown "student controller". Select "onscreen" in the dropdown "master controller".

Close the settings.

Now if you move the controller sticks the red dots in the screen should move, too. These red dots are not updated in real time but 5x per second so they are just a approximate representation.
If the re dots do move you are good to go. If not: Your phone / controller can't agree to pair as gamepad for some reason. Get another phone or controller.

Next time you fly with TelloFpv just turn on the controller, make sure it's connected (rumble!) and then open TelloFpv. (Unless you are running Ryze Tello app concurrently, in that case you are on your own as it does all kind of strange things I no longer care about).

Reactions: March411
Hi, not sure if this is still relevant to TS but I recently ran into this issue after my phone (moto G 5g plus) got updated to Android 11. After a lot of searching I found that multiple people report that this has something to do with the accessiblity settings on your phone. The key for me was to switch accessibility options off. My phone has a specific option with which you can use a gesture to split the screen in order to be able to run two apps on one screen. Quite handy and it has always worked but turning this specific option off helped me use my Gamesir T1s in TelloFPV again.

Hi, not sure if this is still relevant to TS but I recently ran into this issue after my phone (moto G 5g plus) got updated to Android 11. After a lot of searching I found that multiple people report that this has something to do with the accessiblity settings on your phone. The key for me was to switch accessibility options off. My phone has a specific option with which you can use a gesture to split the screen in order to be able to run two apps on one screen. Quite handy and it has always worked but turning this specific option off helped me use my Gamesir T1s in TelloFPV again.
Just want to sai thankyou , solved my Problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv