Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TELLO vs Mi Wi-Fi+ Extender

jasonmrye

Reaction score
I oversee a Robotics Team at my local High School. We have 10 TELLOs, 6 GameSir controllers, and 6 Mi Wi-Fi+ Extenders. We can't get even one to work completely right (as far as I can tell). I've read a thread on here and that got us closer and several youtube videos have helped (?) as well, but we're just not there. 1st question...When the extender is working, should my TELLO wifi (under Settings in the TELLO app) still show just the original name we gave it? We named ours TELLOA, TELLOB, TELLOC, etc. Second question...Should we be able to use 6 TELLOs with the extenders at the same time? Realistically we'll probably only have 3 or 4 to race against each other, but as we're still learning, we've tried to have as many as possible in the air at the same time. Above 4 gets significant Wifi interference.

Any help and/or guidance in this would be appreciated.

Jason Rye
Precision Machining Instructor/Robotics Team Mentor
Lamar County School of Technology
Vernon, AL

1st question...When the extender is working, should my TELLO wifi (under Settings in the TELLO app) still show just the original name we gave it?
No, the phone should be connected to the extender wifi name... which by default would be TELLOA_plus, etc.

If you look in your phone Wi-Fi settings, you'll see it - connect to it there.

By the way what phone ecosystem do y'all use iPhone or Android? If Android, ditch the OEM Tello app, it's a piece of junk! I haven't used that poor excuse for a flight app since the Beta of TelloFPV debuted... paid for it after it hit the Play Store, and haven't used that sorry Tello app since!

Reactions: jasonmrye
On the Xiaomi app do the setup for the extender and use the app with "Mainland China" as your default location. For the controler make sure you have "Location" switched on in the android device settings or the controler will not connect to the bluetooth of your android device.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonmrye

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv