Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello was drifting while landing

FrequentFlyer

Reaction score
8 was using Tello Fpv app, tried to land on grass. Once it got about a foot off the ground the slight wind caused it to drifted 10feet over into a wall. Luckily nothing was damaged.

A. Can this no be landed on grass?
B. Can the tello be landed manually by just holding down? Will the props auto shut off?

B. Can the tello be landed manually by just holding down? Will the props auto shut off?
Yes it can be landed by just holding down on the left stick... and the props will shut off

A. Can this no be landed on grass?
Sure can, it'll land anywhere you command it to... but why land in grass? Just bring it over in front of you about chest-high, long press the land button, hold your hand under it, and it'll drop down into your palm. Conversely, you can take off by holding it out in your palm and long-pressing on the take off button - then just drop your hand.

I palm-launch and land about 98.6% of the time

Reactions: Kyle Knox
The problem is not the grass. The problem is that Tello restricts the maximum tilt angle whenever it is below 1.5-2m altitude. The lower it flies, the more restricted the tilt angle is.
Close to ground Tello barely tilts at all - consequently drifting with even the slightest wind or its own turbulence.

This happens with any app (ryze, atellopilot, tellofpv, atello) because it is embedded into Tello's firmware and can't be fixed by an app.

...The problem is that Tello restricts the maximum tilt angle whenever it is below 1.5-2m altitude. The lower it flies, the more restricted the tilt angle is.
Close to ground Tello barely tilts at all - consequently drifting with even the slightest wind or its own turbulence.

This happens with any app (ryze, atellopilot, tellofpv, atello) because it is embedded into Tello's firmware and can't be fixed by an app.

That's so stupid and wasn't present on early firmware (at least I never was aware of the issue with earlier versions :unsure: ). I almost lost my drone when it was passing over a high fence and got caught by a side wind and drifted away. Did a rescue mission to get it from a roof. :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843