Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello (with a controller) before launching Mavic Pro? Crawl before flying :)

LTWATCH1

Reaction score
I have been waiting for weather and as I do, with no real time flight on a drone, want to use something to get acclimated. Tried an E58, just too unstable. So I am tempted to try a Tello, but would like to use it with a controller. I did save my Iphone 6 as a "drone tablet", and it worked OK with E58, but I do want
? I have been reading some bad reviews about Tello and controllers not pairing. Thank you for reading, any ideas? Larry T.

I have been waiting for weather and as I do, with no real time flight on a drone, want to use something to get acclimated. Tried an E58, just too unstable. So I am tempted to try a Tello, but would like to use it with a controller. I did save my Iphone 6 as a "drone tablet", and it worked OK with E58, but I do want
? I have been reading some bad reviews about Tello and controllers not pairing. Thank you for reading, any ideas? Larry T.
There are several controllers that folks have been using on the Tello. There's a whole thread dedicated to it here.

On android you can get any controller (almost) working with octopus (with weird right stick) or with gamesir world (working properly from what i could gather so far), without rooting.
i haven't tested with ios devices.
<edit> it does not work like the dedicated controller, you just map buttons/sticks to touchscreen. I have just mapped the sticks, camera change and record.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv