Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello wont initialize

bmcin33

Reaction score
I have a Tello that turns on, 1 green light, then 4 red flashes and then stops working. Only way to continue is to remove the battery and start again. I have tried different batteries - same thing.

Turn the TELLO on until its flashing yellow rapidly, then press and hold the power button for 5-8s until the led goes off, then reconnect after it auto rebooting.

Got the solution... At least it worked out fine for me.

I contacted the Ryze Robotic Support. That light sequence: 1 green followed by 4 (or 5) quick red flashes indicates that the Tello needs to update its firmware. The instructions they gave were these:

-Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered off, and release it when the green indicator turns off.

-Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and update the firmware again by using the Tello app. Check whether the issue is resolved.

I followed those instructions and my Tello is back to life.

I hope it works for you too.

Greetings from Colombia.

Reactions: Mark Waco
Got the solution... At least it worked out fine for me.

I contacted the Ryze Robotic Support. That light sequence: 1 green followed by 4 (or 5) quick red flashes indicates that the Tello needs to update its firmware. The instructions they gave were these:

-Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered off, and release it when the green indicator turns off.

-Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and update the firmware again by using the Tello app. Check whether the issue is resolved.

I followed those instructions and my Tello is back to life.

I hope it works for you too.

Greetings from Colombia.
I have exactly this problem with my Tello. I followed the above instructions and got as far as the pulsing red light but the Tello just does not appear in my Wi-Fi list. Any suggestions?

Still trying to connect to Wi-Fi and have persevered with the above instructions. Following the above, pressing the start button until the green light goes off I have got as far as connecting the Tello to the "Tello Wi-Fi" however when I try to update the firmware I get the message "Upgrade failed". I note that the Tello Wi-fi is "Connected without internet". Wouldn't this mean that it can't download the firmware update? I am obviously missing something. Any help is appreciated.

Still trying to connect to Wi-Fi and have persevered with the above instructions. Following the above, pressing the start button until the green light goes off I have got as far as connecting the Tello to the "Tello Wi-Fi" however when I try to update the firmware I get the message "Upgrade failed". I note that the Tello Wi-fi is "Connected without internet". Wouldn't this mean that it can't download the firmware update? I am obviously missing something. Any help is appreciated.
I am experiencing exactly the same behavior. Receiving the "Upgrade Failed" message.
Did you manage to resolve the issue?
Anyone else with a solution?
Thanks

Solution: I came across this post
Worked like magic!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv