Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello wont initialize

bmcin33

Reaction score
I have a Tello that turns on, 1 green light, then 4 red flashes and then stops working. Only way to continue is to remove the battery and start again. I have tried different batteries - same thing.

Abc74sp

Reaction score
Turn the TELLO on until its flashing yellow rapidly, then press and hold the power button for 5-8s until the led goes off, then reconnect after it auto rebooting.

bmcin33

Reaction score
Turn the TELLO on until its flashing yellow rapidly, then press and hold the power button for 5-8s until the led goes off, then reconnect after it auto rebooting.
The Tello doesn’t get that far. Only 4 red flashes and then essentially shuts down.

Garana

Reaction score
Hello. I'm having the same problem. Have you find a solution?

ZWActual

Reaction score
@Garana

Can you elaborate more on when this occurs?

Four red flashes followed by a shutdown would (typically) indicate the Tello was overheated.

Garana

Reaction score
Got the solution... At least it worked out fine for me.

I contacted the Ryze Robotic Support. That light sequence: 1 green followed by 4 (or 5) quick red flashes indicates that the Tello needs to update its firmware. The instructions they gave were these:

-Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered off, and release it when the green indicator turns off.

-Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and update the firmware again by using the Tello app. Check whether the issue is resolved.

I followed those instructions and my Tello is back to life.

I hope it works for you too.

Greetings from Colombia.

Reactions: Mark Waco

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acalo