Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV panic stop

bmelody

Reaction score
Hi All,

It's been awhile since I have tormented the dogs chasing them around the house. Going absolutely buggy with this SIP and Covid-19 so I charged up all my equipment and got reacquainted and started flying.

I updated the TelloFPV app (incredible program) and discovered the L2 button no longer executed a panic stop when pressed and held. I attempted to map the L2 button but did that not solve my problem. I may not have executed the mapping process properly.

I am using a Gamesir T1s controller with an OTG cable and an Android phone. Everything seems to work as it did before except the panic stop. Flying in close quarters I find the panic stop an absolute requirement.

The panic stop function using the L2 button worked on an older version TellpFPV. I am using the same phone (no updates), controller and OTG cable as before. The only thing different is the TelloFPV app update.

Thanks, ~ Bill

try to do the mapping again. Assign some function to L2, and then assign the stop button to the button. You should see the name or code of the button in the mapping list.

If that doesn't work check if the button still works (using a gamepad tester app)

Thanks for the suggestion volatello. I have not tried the gamepad tester app yet but I did try a second controller with the same results. I must be mapping incorrectly as I do not see that anything has changed after attempting to map the switch.

Also when pressing the STOP button on the screen nothing happens. What should this button actually do?

~Bill

you can clear all controller settings from the controller settings.The stop button on the screen is the one you are trying to assign. It will make Tello hover in place.
If you are in Video mode you will notice that the mode indicator turns into a red "S" instead.

If you are talking about the panic function (emergency motor cutoff): for that you have to rapidly tap that button (or the controller button).

All is good! I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

When switching to mapping I did NOT select the controller. Works like a charm.

Thanks again,

~Bill

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv