Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloMe

Well today I finally had the opportunity to try out the new TelloMe app. This is supposed to get the tello to follow you in various different ways. Hard to believe, but the app works brilliantly. ??
The volume is a little low.
Yes, this is a brilliant app. It makes the Tello so much more useful being able to track a person or object. Heck, Litchi can’t even maintain a lock on me when using my Phantom 3 Standard.

I tried it out today in my back yard and it worked ok even though it was a little gusty. The only problem I am having is when I don’t touch my phone screen it turns off and Tello disconnects.

Chris.

Yes, this is a brilliant app. It makes the Tello so much more useful being able to track a person or object. Heck, Litchi can’t even maintain a lock on me when using my Phantom 3 Standard.

I tried it out today in my back yard and it worked ok even though it was a little gusty. The only problem I am having is when I don’t touch my phone screen it turns off and Tello disconnects.

Chris.
That might be the sleep function on the phone.

Well today I finally had the opportunity to try out the new TelloMe app. This is supposed to get the tello to follow you in various different ways. Hard to believe, but the app works brilliantly. ??
The volume is a little low.
Neat Terry! Looks like you are using an ipad? Probably will work better than a phone as It shouldn't go to sleep while connected to the app.

Reactions: Terry
Please, move faster! Many videos give the impression the app can only follow a snail on valium ... :LOL: You don't have to be that careful.

You should be able to move much faster, at least when the light is good. Currently with the sun so low its hard for TelloMe to see against the sun, and with the sun from behind there can be shadows that confuse the logic.
Normal walking and slow running is OK, only quick stops can cause problems if the starting distance was a bit close. And for profile mode quick moves to the side also can cause the app to loose you, but typically its OK.
For track person please turn on the altitude mode as otherwise tello won't adjust altitude at all and might loose you simply because the camera points down a bit.

Well at least there is this video of AJ Alvarez on a skateboard and on an ebike. But that was in extremely dark conditions

I am working on the auto-shutoff thing. For now just increase the screen lock time in the iOS settings.

I found the reason why the screen shuts off for you but not for me. A nice undocumented feature that makes the app behave differently for end users and the developer. Apple :poop:

Changed that so the screen will now stay on as long as the app is connected to Tello. If not connected the screen is allowed to turn off normally.

I will test & change a few more things and make a new release tomorrow

I found the reason why the screen shuts off for you but not for me. A nice undocumented feature that makes the app behave differently for end users and the developer. Apple :poop:

Changed that so the screen will now stay on as long as the app is connected to Tello. If not connected the screen is allowed to turn off normally.

I will test & change a few more things and make a new release tomorrow
Great news. Thanks for doing this. I look forward to the new release.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv