Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

The reason that they removed the Percentage info.

Well, that clears the confusion. Since they talked sbout distance at the beginning of this thread, I just kept talking about it.my 2 cents are thay you can fly up to 183 meters on distance. I beleive that 30 meter altitude is more than enough. I can't hardly see my Phantom after the first 45 meters altitude, much less the little Tello.
Yeah easy to lost orientation of your tello...
Here some range test....

Yeah easy to lost orientation of your tello...
Here some range test....

I purchased last night Another Tello Pilot on the Google Play Store. What I liked about it is, it uses the sensors the Tello has, to give you orientation and actually has a RTH that works, at least from 8-12 meters (from what I was able to test). As soon as I do more testing, I will let you know. That being said, I recommend you try this app ifyou are able to.

I purchased last night Another Tello Pilot on the Google Play Store. What I liked about it is, it uses the sensors the Tello has, to give you orientation and actually has a RTH that works, at least from 8-12 meters (from what I was able to test). As soon as I do more testing, I will let you know. That being said, I recommend you try this app ifyou are able to.
Can you try just control it with phone only... having hard time controlling it ...the virtual stick area are to small keep my fingers slipping or missing the area of sticks.. if only it follows to your fingers then im happy to use it again

Can you try just control it with phone only... having hard time controlling it ...the virtual stick area are to small keep my fingers slipping or missing the area of sticks.. if only it follows to your fingers then im happy to use it again

To be honest, I haven't tried it with my fingers. The reason that lured me into purchasing it, was that the original app doesn't recognize my Steelseries Stratus XL controller and the aTello app that is in these forums records at a lower quality than the original or another tello pilot app. As for the controls and response time, aTello app is by far the best one with controller and fingers IMHO. Right now I have the original on my tablet, to fly inside my house and Another Tello Pilot to fly outside with the controller.

To be honest, I haven't tried it with my fingers. The reason that lured me into purchasing it, was that the original app doesn't recognize my Steelseries Stratus XL controller and the aTello app that is in these forums records at a lower quality than the original or another tello pilot app. As for the controls and response time, aTello app is by far the best one with controller and fingers IMHO. Right now I have the original on my tablet, to fly inside my house and Another Tello Pilot to fly outside with the controller.
I fly using phone only and the not fingers friendly stoping me to continue using atellopilot?? if only atellopilot following your fingers like the default tello then im happy to use again atello pilot...
Anyway im using another controller apps to fly my tello it gor return home and eye positioning like atellopilot...similar name also...atello the only difference its free and finger's friendly to use the virtual stick its like the default controller apps?? the creator is Awesome name Krag its here on forum under developer thread...free to try...gots 8 versions...the latest and last are 96e version...very stable and return home feature are very useful and that eye orientation also?Screenshot_2018-08-18-09-22-45-0708208185.png

I fly using phone only and the not fingers friendly stoping me to continue using atellopilot?? if only atellopilot following your fingers like the default tello then im happy to use again atello pilot...
Anyway im using another controller apps to fly my tello it gor return home and eye positioning like atellopilot...similar name also...atello the only difference its free and finger's friendly to use the virtual stick its like the default controller apps?? the creator is Awesome name Krag its here on forum under developer thread...free to try...gots 8 versions...the latest and last are 96e version...very stable and return home feature are very useful and that eye orientation also?View attachment 1855
I tried it yesterday. It is a great app. The response time is excellent. The reason I stopped using it, is because of the problem with the video feed. It just won't keep up like a tello pilot and tello apps. I am following his thread and as soon as he figures it out I will go back to it on a heartbeat.

If your fly your Tello using phisical sticks you will never use phone touch screen anymore. I think flying experience it's much better using a controller.

You can find very cheap PS3/PS4 controllers. Gamesir controllers are more expensive but have a very useful phone holder.

They also sell holders for xbox controllers on amazon/ebay.

Also I had a dream last night that I just stumbled upon these forums and you guys had a theme going where each one chose a girly character as your avatars and your avatar Raulvolador was the carebears. I found it funny. The reason my mind chose you was, because last night I was reading a thread where you were very active, so your name stuck. Don't ask me what is wrong with my head. Even I don't know! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeno
If your fly your Tello using phisical sticks you will never use phone touch screen anymore. I think flying experience it's much better using a controller.

You can find very cheap PS3/PS4 controllers. Gamesir controllers are more expensive but have a very useful phone holder.
No thanks i already got use to it... and I'm flying fast on high altitude using tello apps.. and sofar the official apps for tello are very responsive...i just wish they put return home function also like atellopillot.
Well I requested it from ryze but their response is tello doest have GPS to work properly... what a bummer ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted