Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

**UPDATED** 894ft flight with TP-link N300 and Xiaomi Mi

Reaction score
A 692ft flight with video from the Tello and a screenshot of the flight-log from the tellofpv app. The VPS kept dropping I think due to the position of the sun and shadows? It dropped out pretty bad at the end but I brought it back nonetheless :) equipment was as follows: (Air Side) Tello with Xiaomi mi repeater with patch antenna traces removed and two 1/4 wavelength piece of wire direct soldered to the mi repeater board. (Ground Side) Android device and TP-Link N300 from amazon modified with standard 2.4 rubber ducky antennas. Flight was in a fairly open area but was about 15-20ft horizontal to a power line.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190515-211628.png
    Screenshot_20190515-211628.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: bsaridar
@Willflyformoney,

You are using a very interesting setup. For sure you can try to break some records.

By the way, I recomend you using TelloFPV screenrecording feature, it's much better for flight documentation.

Raul.

@Willflyformoney,

You are using a very interesting setup. For sure you can try to break some records.

By the way, I recomend you using TelloFPV screenrecording feature, it's much better for flight documentation.

Raul.
Raul I activated the screen recording on every flight I made but all the files are corrupt and only 3kb in size. I activated the feature after takeoff in each case, does that have anything to do with it?

For me it works well into TelloFPV. If you can't solve this issue I suggest you using free 'DU Recorder' android app. That was the way I recorded every flight before Screenrecording feature was added to TelloFPV.

Raul I activated the screen recording on every flight I made but all the files are corrupt and only 3kb in size. I activated the feature after takeoff in each case, does that have anything to do with it?
That is mentioned in the warning that pops up on the first screen recording: Some phones just can't handle multiple parallel encodings and the files are corrupt. I am not sure but think this is because some manufacturers are too cheap for encoder licenses. Only solution is to get a phone that can handle several encodings in parallel.

A 692ft flight with video from the Tello and a screenshot of the flight-log from the tellofpv app. The VPS kept dropping I think due to the position of the sun and shadows? It dropped out pretty bad at the end but I brought it back nonetheless :) equipment was as follows: (Air Side) Tello with Xiaomi mi repeater with patch antenna traces removed and two 1/4 wavelength piece of wire direct soldered to the mi repeater board. (Ground Side) Android device and TP-Link N300 from amazon modified with standard 2.4 rubber ducky antennas. Flight was in a fairly open area but was about 15-20ft horizontal to a power line.

what exactly is this TP-Link N300?

what exactly is this TP-Link N300?

here it is, just be aware that the antennas look like dipole type but are actually skinny patch antennas inside those housings

Reactions: Guorium

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv