Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Using Fatshark with iOS and Tello

radioguy

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I found a way to use my Fatshark googles with the iPhone 6+ while flying the Tello. A couple of adaptor cables, a power supply to run things and amazingly, it works! There is a lot of lag in the video but I can get something of an immersive experience. Now, to figure out how to get around the video lag problem. That's my biggest issue right now. And lots of overcorrection using the GameSir controller (Bluetooth connection-I've read that the wired version is much better in that regard).

For what it's worth, I found a way to use my Fatshark googles with the iPhone 6+ while flying the Tello. A couple of adaptor cables, a power supply to run things and amazingly, it works! There is a lot of lag in the video but I can get something of an immersive experience. Now, to figure out how to get around the video lag problem. That's my biggest issue right now. And lots of overcorrection using the GameSir controller (Bluetooth connection-I've read that the wired version is much better in that regard).

Hi there,

Can you provide details about your setup?

Thanks

Hi there,

Can you provide details about your setup?

Thanks
Sure...iPhone 6+ to a hybrid lightning cable. One end of the cable goes into the iPhone, the other is a standard size male HDMI plug. The third cable is a USB female that I plug into a DC power block. I then use a standard-to-mini HDMI adapter to plug video into my Fatshark goggles.

Here are some links...

Mini HDMI to HDMI cable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HQ2H6OW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HDMI adapter cable for the iPhone
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTSSBHJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, this takes some experimentation to get it working correctly, but I can verify it does work. As I've pointed out before, the biggest issue I'm having is the lag time. Another member of this group suggested bypassing the video altogether and going with a separate, outboard 5.8 ghz camera/xmtr combo.

The other issue is that I'm using Bluetooth for the controller. Having come from using RC controllers with no lag and great sensitivity, I wish there was a way to use a wired connection with the iPhone. I can already see that I'll be spending more time (and money) massaging my Tello to get it to where I need it to be!

Anyway, hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions!

Here is my FPV set up super easy!
160 mah battery and a little crazy pony micro camera/ xmitter with a piece of Velcro stuck to the top.
Transmits to any fat shark goggles and I think 40 different channels

Attachments

• 65CDC4D3-B47F-43CB-8926-EEE38A128272.jpeg
    65CDC4D3-B47F-43CB-8926-EEE38A128272.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
Reactions: WannaBeFlyer
160 single cell battery 3.7 volt
Lasts many flights before I have to recharge the camera battery

160 mah battery and a little crazy pony micro camera/ xmitter with a piece of Velcro stuck to the top.

Nice! Wish I thought of that battery arrangment.

Less than $30
Plus it light and I don’t notice any flight time difference, the tello handles the weight no sweat

Google crazy pony fpv camera and get a 3.7 volt single cell 160 mah battery with a pico end and your away!!

From your picture, it looks like you put it on some Styrofoam then Velcro it to the Tellow. Where do you put the lipo?

The camera is hot glued to the battery, just a dab. I flew all three batteries thru it last night in the gymnasium and never charged the camera battery at all

The camera is hot glued to the battery, just a dab. I flew all three batteries thru it last night in the gymnasium and never charged the camera battery at all
I can't tell from your picture if the lipo itself is in some kind of holder, and the camera's hot glued to the battery holder, or you have some different kind of arrangement. A couple of other shots of your setup would be very helpful, when you have some time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv