Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video freezinh

Arabak58

Reaction score
I recently bought this tello drone for my grandson.it is a fud to fly drone except when you take pictures its ok but when you switch to video the app freezes and the drone keeps hovering in the air and you can do nothing about it unless you exit the app and restart it.any suggestions?

Hi,
This sounds like a known problem with newer iOS devices (especially iPhone XS / iPhone XR ). You can start recording video but as soon as you press the stop button the app crashes. If you quit and relaunch the app you can regain control but the video is not saved.

The only suggestion from Ryze support so far is:
Try to turn off the location services on the settings of your mobile device. Set your mobile device to Airplane mode, reconnect to the Tello WiFi network."
This has helped some people but not universally — there is further discussion in the "New app version IOS" thread. We are waiting on a new iOS app version (current version is 1.1.14) to fix the issue :mad:

I recently bought this tello drone for my grandson.it is a fud to fly drone except when you take pictures its ok but when you switch to video the app freezes and the drone keeps hovering in the air and you can do nothing about it unless you exit the app and restart it.any suggestions?
Hi
I had the same problem - I updated the firmware and it works great now

My phone is an IPhone 7 Plus.
See photo attached for version details.
de0a52a72b7fa23267e3ed8f6f18d934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: netboy
i have a iPhone 8+ the video freeze was terrible i updated firmware ..it got better then the update to the app seems to have fixed the problem

iPhone XS video recording is consistently working for me after the app update. Thanks Ryze ?
App 1.1.16
Firmware 1.04.78.01
iPhone XS iOS 12.1.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv