Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video Lag with Gamesir-T1d

BobStarks

Reaction score
I'm new to drones. Bought a Tello, and then upgraded to a gamesir-T1d and goggles. Experiencing major video lag. Tried 2 different phones no difference. Thought that I might be able to try some FPV to see if I get vertigo. Any help greatly appreciated

Update: Thinking about the close frequency bands that are being used I changed my Verizon wifi router to the 5G selection. This removed all the visible lag that I was experiencing. Hope this info helps others.

Reactions: Garana
Update: Thinking about the close frequency bands that are being used I changed my Verizon wifi router to the 5G selection. This removed all the visible lag that I was experiencing. Hope this info helps others.
So you’re saying that your router was interfering with the connection between the Tello and your phone? I don’t quite understand what you’re saying I have the same problem but I don’t know how to fix it

No, I didn't explain it very well. The Verizon Fios router has 2 selections. 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Typically I just would use the 2.4Ghz. However realizing that there could be interference from the Bluetooth (2.4Ghz) , I opted to change the wifi phone connection to the 5Ghz. This was strictly indoors. It was just an experiment, because I didn't know if the Tello would be able to also switch. At this point I'm not exactly sure what is going on. When I went outside where the was not wifi, the Tello only accepted the 2.4Ghz and the lag was back. It's still a work in progress. I will be able to do FPV indoors if I can now get the googles to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv