Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

What happens if you fly a Tello from a great height?

TELLO?

Reaction score
OK so I know the sensors don’t work beyond the ten meter mark, but does the Tello Just descend until it finds the ground or will it stay up high if I flew it over the edge of a cliff? I’m gonna have to have a trial run of it tomorrow and I’ll let you know ?

Please do! Im dying to know the same thing!

Reactions: TELLO👋

Your piloting skills will be tested, for sure.

There's a story on Mavic Pilots.com by a new pilot who launched his new Mavic Pro from the balcony of his hotel room.

If I recall the outcome correctly, that was his first, and his last, flight with that aircraft, as he was not prepared to fly in ATTI mode.

There's a story on Mavic Pilots.com by a new pilot who launched his new Mavic Pro from the balcony of his hotel room.

If I recall the outcome correctly, that was his first, and his last, flight with that aircraft, as he was not prepared to fly in ATTI mode.
I’m more concerned about the app crashing halfway through the flight as it’s done that to me three times now, luckily the tello just hangs there while I reboot the app, but if it did that while it didn’t know how high it was I’d most certainly loose it ?

I do a lot of climbing hence the reason for wanting to fly it over the edge of cliffs LOL

Better video and 30 meters in height and the Tello would be a resounding drone!! In my opinion, the sensors work even above the 10 meters of height limited by software...

Picture taken from 60 feet high (take off from an observation tower), the tello can go over 30 feet and won't try to go down, when I went lower of where I took off, the altitude goes into the minus, and could get it to go up again to about 60 feet, but the wind... well... it's 80 grams eh! 1522507421676-2.jpg

Picture taken from 60 feet high (take off from an observation tower), the tello can go over 30 feet and won't try to go down, when I went lower of where I took off, the altitude goes into the minus, and could get it to go up again to about 60 feet, but the wind... well... it's 80 grams eh! View attachment 125

After viewing this pic plus my own and those of others that show lots of sky, it appears that the Tello has a built-in polarizer.

The skies are generally always intensely blue, and the clouds, if there are any, seem to pop.

Picture taken from 60 feet high (take off from an observation tower), the tello can go over 30 feet and won't try to go down, when I went lower of where I took off, the altitude goes into the minus, and could get it to go up again to about 60 feet, but the wind... well... it's 80 grams eh! View attachment 125
Wow nice one ? I didn’t get chance to fly it off a cliff today I did do some more testing of it when it’s quite windy and as long as I’m in fast control it seems fine in some slight gusty weather!

I've got about an hour of flight time on my apartment roof 42 floors up, including off the edge of the building and the only issue so far is wind.

The Tello works well if the wind isn't too strong. When the wind picks up, the error messages begin.

I use a Samsung S7 and notice significantly more video chop when flying outdoors. Pictures work well but videos are almost unusable in the lightest of breeze.

Attachments

• 1522863130045.jpg
    1522863130045.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 89
  • 1523070301637.jpg
    1523070301637.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 1523052402536.jpg
    1523052402536.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
I've got about an hour of flight time on my apartment roof 42 floors up, including off the edge of the building and the only issue so far is wind.

The Tello works well if the wind isn't too strong. When the wind picks up, the error messages begin.

I use a Samsung S7 and notice significantly more video chop when flying outdoors. Pictures work well but videos are almost unusable in the lightest of breeze.

Wow! That’s really cool!

I haven't flown it entirely off the side of the building as there's penthouse balconies below the roof on one side and the side without is very windy. I'm waiting for a nice calm day to test flying over totally open space.

Reactions: Yo-dude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv