Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Why is there a gap in my Tello log? I lost my Tello :(

j.buttwerworth

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Probably I broke some kind of record because I lost my first drone ever, in its first flight ever, in just 2 minutes :( I'm heartbroken and feel very stupid. I started flying it and all of a sudden it started drifting. I tried to steer it a bit but then decided to make it land. It was night and I couldn't see where it actually landed. I searched endlessly to no avail.

I have been reading the forum all day long trying to make sense of the generated logs. I use the stock Tello app. I used csvview to to plot the path of my drone. Please see below:

1602351331796.png

I have some specific questions:

1. Why is there a gap between the two lines? Aren't they supposed to be continuous? Did my drone skip time? :)
2. Is there any way to find out which line "end" is the starting point? I'm trying to visualize the timeline of the path but it's hard. I tried plotting flightTime and posX and posY but I'm not sure I understand what to do.

If anyone is interested I have attached the log!

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 1602267107057.DAT.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Hey everyone,

Probably I broke some kind of record because I lost my first drone ever, in its first flight ever, in just 2 minutes :( I'm heartbroken and feel very stupid. I started flying it and all of a sudden it started drifting. I tried to steer it a bit but then decided to make it land. It was night and I couldn't see where it actually landed. I searched endlessly to no avail.
[...]

Welcome in the forum.

I wish you the best of luck to find your Tello back, that said you seem to have an hardcore challenge on your hands.

I'd guess that the broken line is reflecting a moment where you lost wifi-connection/camera feed (hardware & sdk guys will tell you more details). Your Tello probably drifted away at some point when trying to connect back/figure where it was. In such a moment of "panic" the log wasn't wrote for a short period of time.

I'm writing that while Cid, my own Tello is stuck in a tree. I messed up re mapping my controller settings and accidently triggered "cruise control" and went straight into a tree.

I came back home to prepare recovery material, I'll go and try to get him now.

Again, good luck recovering yours.

Hey @Fari . Thanks for the reply. That's what I guessed too. That it might have lost connection or something.

You are lucky since you at least have visual contact with your Tello :) Good luck getting it off the tree.

Thanks

Hi Good luck getting your drone.
How do you make this graph in csvview?

Thank you

I'm seriously thinking of printing the tello tile mount on thingiverse. And maybe seeing about putting a flashing LED on mine. On my first outdoor flight, I had to track it by ear and the video feed. When its 30 feet up and 100 away, its AWFULLY hard to see...

Hey everyone,

I have been reading the forum all day long trying to make sense of the generated logs. I use the stock Tello app. I used csvview to to plot the path of my drone. Please see below:

View attachment 6569

1. Why is there a gap between the two lines? Aren't they supposed to be continuous? Did my drone skip time? :)
2. Is there any way to find out which line "end" is the starting point? I'm trying to visualize the timeline of the path but it's hard. I tried plotting flightTime and posX and posY but I'm not sure I understand what to do.

Thanks for your help.

Hey everyone,

View attachment 6569

Thanks for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv