Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wi fi repeater and battery hub

Beartel

Reaction score
Hi there does a wi fi repeater improve just the distance and height the tello can be flown or does it improve the video quality as well?,also which is the best wi fi repeater to purchase for the tello drone?. And is a 4000mah powerbank ok for powering the repeater?What is the best brand of charging hub to purchase for the drone I already have two batteries?

Last edited:
Reactions: threqtrporter
Hi, I am using a Xiaomi wifi repeater and it definitely seems to improve video as well as distance. It is a bit confusing to set up at first but once done it is well worth it. As for your power source that is fine as the repeater uses very little power.

Reactions: Beartel
Hi there does a wi fi repeater improve just the distance and height the tello can be flown or does it improve the video quality as well?,also which is the best wi fi repeater to purchase for the tello drone?. And is a 4000mah powerbank ok for powering the repeater?What is the best brand of charging hub to purchase for the drone I already have two batteries?
I have not noticed a difference in photo or video quality although the quality is the same above an altitude of 50 feet. I purchased my charging hub directly from DJI.

Ì have the Xiaomi repeater and I took my Tello to 75 feet today, no wind at all, lovely sunny day. I got vertigo looking up at it but signal was great and used the Volitello app to take a panorama photo was great. Video a bit choppy on the 360 mode but pictures are great.

Hi there, I'm using Xiaomi wifi repeater 2, and it imprive video and photo quality alot, with Tello FPV app from @volate!lo . It can reach the maximum 30M altitude with no problem, and for the range i never really had a chance to test how far.

And for the power source, I just use usb socket on my phone with an adapter to put on the repeater.

my goal is not one of the most important .. but it's still a good distance and I got a good video at that distance, considering the use of the gamesir T1d bluetooth. I didn't even see a dot! ?

For the Xiaomi Wifi+ repeater, which front side facing the drone? The blue LED or the WIFI+ marking? TQ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv