Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WiFi repeater

paulobrien

Reaction score
I'm trying out this rather different setup to see if it improves the video stutter on the Tello.

Razer Phone (my spare phone that I use for Tello) plus a USB C to A adaptor and a Xiaomi Mi WiFi Extender 2.

I'll post how it goes!

P

Attachments

• IMG_20180413_160552.jpg
    IMG_20180413_160552.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
Looks good! Received my Xiaomi Mi WiFi Extender 2 this morning. Easy enough to set up Paul? What's the video like in fast mode?
Very easy to set up. Use the Mi Home app with region set to China.

Not tried fast mode video yet, need to take it somewhere more interesting than the back garden. ?

P

Guess I have to get one of these too. This is turning into a somewhat expensive $99 dollar drone with the wifi-extender, the extra batteries, and the controller hahaha

By the way, what exactly does upping the bitrate do from the standard 'Auto'?

Last edited:
I have the same repeater but when I try to add a security password to my Tello, it cause the tello's wifi to change to Marvell Micro AP or something cant remember the exact words right now.. and then I have to reset the tello to get the wifi on it to work again.

I don’t know about everyone, but we should not have to be purchasing additional devices to fix something that we (supposedly) already paid for!

I can understand if we want to extend the capabilities of the drone, whatever that is, but to fix something that we have already paid for, makes no sense to me at all.

We should all be complaining to the company and vocalizing the problem using tools like this forum and other social media sites.

Reactions: Xtian
I don’t know about everyone, but we should not have to be purchasing additional devices to fix something that we (supposedly) already paid for!

I can understand if we want to extend the capabilities of the drone, whatever that is, but to fix something that we have already paid for, makes no sense to me at all.

We should all be complaining to the company and vocalizing the problem using tools like this forum and other social media sites.

I actually bought the repeater to extend the flying range.I iust be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have frame drop issues after the firmware update..

That's exactly what this does. It EXTENDS the capabilities of the drone, i.e. wifi range in this case.

I actually bought the repeater to extend the flying range.I iust be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have frame drop issues after the firmware update..

Is signal strength a function of lateral flying range or otherwise?
I mean if indeed a signal repeater can increase range I'd want to experiment, but for height I think I'd be looking for trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv