Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

You're so kind! Now, if I get it, (I'm awaiting the ebay guy's response) do you know where I can find a tutorial on installation? Either I'm inept on searching (probably) or having some bad luck, but I cannot find one on Google nor on YouTube...

Thanks, I finally found one here..

WiFi Range Extender USB Wireless Router 300Mbps Mini Repeater Dual Antenna

I already have a Xiaomi 2, it was a bit confusing for me because somehow the connection is worse than direct connection to Tello. However, after switching to OTG controller it seems to get better with Xiaomi. I'd like to test it outside but the weather has been pretty bad these days.

Cheers

Forgive my intrusion, but I was following this thread & couldn't help but wonder - once you guys/gals buy these Extenders, where do you go to learn how to install them? I just got an ANEWKODI Extender, am not sure it is even what I need, an am equally unsure as to how to install/configure it.
No, I'm not stupid - just very new to "Droning" and exceptionally new to the Tello Pilots site! Hell, I barely know my way around here, but the more I flub things up, the more I learn. Again, 4give my "jumping in" here, but if I don't ask, I'll never learn, righto?
Thanx,
Mrstacey

It does help to enter the exact, correct words, eh?!
Thank You, sir (or Ma'am) !

Sorry to just leap into your conversation, but here's a link for a company in Spain carrying the "Enyu:" Enyu USB Wi-Fi Range Extender Amplificador De Refuerzo De Señ al De Repetidor Inalá mbrico WiFi De 50 Mbps
I ordered five to avoid shipping charges & as soon as I get them I'll be selling for for my cost. I do NOT want to make money off the backs of those who have helped me!
MrStacey

Reactions: Maersk65
Hi all,

I keep flying my tello using this WIFI+S repeater. It 's giving me excellent performance and range.

As you know, I am curious about wifi channel usage. Remember my old study for Xiaomi Repeater: Tello WIFI channel selection

I did it again using WIFI+S Extender. Running Wifi Analizer free app I got this:

wifi+s analyzer.jpg

It's very curious. It seems Extender and Tello are not at the same channel, but overlapped.. :unsure:

Anyone can understand that graph ?

Hmmm. Okay. So let me tell all of you my plan: I will get on Amazon...I will purchase one of these that looks very much like what you have bought (at least what Mrstacey has bought), but see...this will be in English, which I can much easier understand. Then, I will follow the instructions of what volate!lo posted...and thereby get by. It may seem like a scheming way of operating; but it’s all I know how, for right now. ??‍♂️ I do apologize, if any toes were trampled on. ?

Now that item is no longer for sale by that user. Can someone please provide a link, one that is NOT a Chinese knock off?

Paul, I WISH Amazon carried this item, the "Enyu USB Wi-Fi Range Extender Booster." It is the one Volatello (& others) recommended, and he purchased his from Amazon Germany (where I presume he lives). It is not available from Amazon USA, as I've tried to find it. I tried other vendors, like Monoprice.com, but they don't carry it either. I placed an order early in August from Oglinagoods.com; however, I am still awaiting that delivery. Here is the link for that page: "oglinagoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=174399"
I inquired at my local U.S.Post Office about ordering out of country & was told US CUSTOMS is the biggest holdup in the process, as they can hold packages indefinitely - if they want! As I mentioned at the time, I ordered four from Oglinagoods (and even ordered one from some guy on ebay - which somehow got lost!), so I will have three extra. One is spoken for, which means I will have two to sell. IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO BUY FROM WHEREVER YOU CAN OBTAIN ONE OR BUY A DIFFERENT MODEL IN YOUR COUNTRY. I would be happy to sell my remaining two to ANYONE, but if you have to wait on customs, you will be waiting a while . . .
I had an extra Xiaomi 2 Repeater I shipped to a fellow Tello enthusiast, & my Post Office told me it will take OVER two weeks for him to receive it from me in NE Ohio (he lives in Vancouver British Columbia). The cost was $12.50 for regular mail, $44 for Express Delivery - which I presume would be less than the two weeks plus shipping time.
Regardless, Happy Hunting! Do tell us all if you find somewhere in the U.S. that has a comparable product!
MrStacey

Reactions: PaulPFH
Paul, I WISH Amazon carried this item, the "Enyu USB Wi-Fi Range Extender Booster." It is the one Volatello (& others) recommended, and he purchased his from Amazon Germany (where I presume he lives). It is not available from Amazon USA, as I've tried to find it. I tried other vendors, like Monoprice.com, but they don't carry it either. I placed an order early in August from Oglinagoods.com; however, I am still awaiting that delivery. Here is the link for that page: "oglinagoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=174399"
I inquired at my local U.S.Post Office about ordering out of country & was told US CUSTOMS is the biggest holdup in the process, as they can hold packages indefinitely - if they want! As I mentioned at the time, I ordered four from Oglinagoods (and even ordered one from some guy on ebay - which somehow got lost!), so I will have three extra. One is spoken for, which means I will have two to sell. IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO BUY FROM WHEREVER YOU CAN OBTAIN ONE OR BUY A DIFFERENT MODEL IN YOUR COUNTRY. I would be happy to sell my remaining two to ANYONE, but if you have to wait on customs, you will be waiting a while . . .
I had an extra Xiaomi 2 Repeater I shipped to a fellow Tello enthusiast, & my Post Office told me it will take OVER two weeks for him to receive it from me in NE Ohio (he lives in Vancouver British Columbia). The cost was $12.50 for regular mail, $44 for Express Delivery - which I presume would be less than the two weeks plus shipping time.
Regardless, Happy Hunting! Do tell us all if you find somewhere in the U.S. that has a comparable product!
MrStacey
This all sounds very good! I have been looking in everywhere for this item; I am most interested in something that extends beyond what the Xiaomi 2 Repeater can. I assume these two that you have are more extensive than the Xiaomi 2 Repeater. Anyway, I am willing to pay for it...very soon. Like, before this week ends, soon. Does that work for you? I surely hope it does. Thank you so much! ?
Paul

Also, I should include that I live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. That would be west of Georgia, north of Florida, east of Mississippi, and south of Tennessee. I just included all those states to assure you, that I live in the US.
One more thing about that product that you have - can you take a picture of it, so that I can see what it is that you have? I’m not being rude in any way; I just wanted to see what you have. Thank you so much!
Paul

This all sounds very good! I have been looking in everywhere for this item; I am most interested in something that extends beyond what the Xiaomi 2 Repeater can. I assume these two that you have are more extensive than the Xiaomi 2 Repeater. Anyway, I am willing to pay for it...very soon. Like, before this week ends, soon. Does that work for you? I surely hope it does. Thank you so much! ?
Paul
Paul: first, where do you live? If it's not in the US, then you would be better off ordering from oglinagoods.com.
If you live in the United States, then slow your roll a little! I am NOT going to ask you to pay me when I don't even have them yet! I will keep you posted - when I get them you will know. THEN we can go from there! OK?
MrStacey

I ordered the WIFI+S extender from banggood a few days ago and my order has been refunded and the item has been removed from the website.

MrStacey, as I said, I live in Alabama, very much in the US. And as you said...you will contact me when you have these things. That’d be super. Thank you very much. ?

Have you U.S. folks ever heard of amazon.com?

Go there, search the site for 'USB Wi-Fi extender', scroll down until you see the dual band one with two antennas (pay no attention to the name of it)... put it in your cart, pay for it, and two or three days later it'll be on your doorstep.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill... jeez.

Is this how you found yours, umanbean? Was your way as simple and straight-forward as you were saying? It seems to me like you can’t pick any item from the bunch. What would any of you others say?

Have you U.S. folks ever heard of amazon.com?

Go there, search the site for 'USB Wi-Fi extender', scroll down until you see the dual band one with two antennas (pay no attention to the name of it)... put it in your cart, pay for it, and two or three days later it'll be on your doorstep.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill... jeez.

Please send a link to the item you think is the same - I would like to see it!
Thanx!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv