Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

Could it be? Maybe. Maybe not. But Mrstacey and I, among others, will continue to hold out for what we (rightfully?) consider to be the better/best. (We think we’re right.) ?

Well, I'm not going to get into a protracted battle of words with anyone about which Repeater is better or best. If one works for you with no problems & zero resets, then say-ray-hey, good for you. Short of having sophisticated testing equipment, all I can go by is what works for me (and according to their feedback) + what works for others! There's no point in "making mountains out of molehills" as one member said.

Did you scan too early? My wifi+ S extender always broadcast in the last channel it broadcast in after power-on. If I turn on the tello, tello selects a clear channel and then power on extender. Extender will take a while to switch to the same channel as tello. I tested this numerous times with a PC wifi analysis app. Your results only appear if I don't wait long enough for the extender to switch channel.

Raulvolador: Would you kindly outline the steps you took to install your Wi-Fi + using your Tello's Wi-Fi. I looked at/watched Volatello's description, but he doesn't show/tell the last piece of the puzzle - connecting to a Tello.
Thank You,
Mrstacey

Reactions: Donatello
Turns out I bought the wrong model and it isn't the same as the WiFi+S, it has worse UI and range
Just a heads up, I just received mine from Aliexpress, and it works. There even is an official PIX-Link store, which sells for a bit more money. Just before you buy from Aliexpress make sure to contact the seller to check if they actually have the thing in stock. The first time I bought they didn't send it for a week, and when I asked about, they replied they don't have it in stock, and wouldn't accept a refund when I wrote that the reason was they didn't have it in stock (probably so their rating doesn't go down).

Last edited:
Hi all, because the pix-link repeater is mentioned here I am posting my question in this topic. I can not get this repeater to work with the tello (it's the LV-UE2 model). I am able to connect to the extender's setup menu initially but after I setup the extender to extend tello's network it stops working.
I can't connect to the extender while tello is powered on. Once tello is not powered on there is no problem connecting. To me this suggests an IP problem so I tried to find something in the extender setup menu. There is the option to manually set an IP-address and next to that is a menu option called DHCP which is defaulted on 'server' but has the option 'disable as well. My thought was that this exxtender might be able to assign IP-addresses itself (dhcp) but it shouldn't as this is tello's job. That is why I turned this option to 'disable'. The thing is however that once I do that I can't connect to the extender anymore, not even when tello is off.

Does anybody have any experience with this specific extender that might be of any assistance?

@PuWo I have this exact model, and I also have trouble connecting. The solution for me is simple, turn on the repeater first, and after a while the Tello. I have only set it up to repeat Tello's signal, no other settings touched.

Thanks for your help. Could you be a little more specific? Do you just turn the repeater on or do you actually connect to it before turning on Tello? I'd also like to know if you have a password setup for tello. If so, do you use this password in the pix-link setup as well? Do you change the SSID in the pix-link setup or leave it as suggested 'tellossid'_Ext?

I have no idea why or how but it's working (even with passwords). I made sure I connected to the repeater first, then waited about half a minute before turning TELLO on. My guess still is that there is some kind of IP conflict if you turn them on at the same time. Thanks for your help! You made me try again with more patience and that did the trick.

p.s. I had the WiFi+ extender before, it worked perfect but I lost it and couldn't find a new one so I bought this. In contrary to what is mentioned in this topic the pix-link is not the exact same device (at least not on firmware side). The setup menu in the pix-link also hints on it being able to be used as access point instead of repeater. The WiFi+ couldn't do this as far as I know.

I have no idea why or how but it's working (even with passwords). I made sure I connected to the repeater first, then waited about half a minute before turning TELLO on. My guess still is that there is some kind of IP conflict if you turn them on at the same time. Thanks for your help! You made me try again with more patience and that did the trick.

p.s. I had the WiFi+ extender before, it worked perfect but I lost it and couldn't find a new one so I bought this. In contrary to what is mentioned in this topic the pix-link is not the exact same device (at least not on firmware side). The setup menu in the pix-link also hints on it being able to be used as access point instead of repeater. The WiFi+ couldn't do this as far as I know.
After some test flights could you write how does the range compare to the WiFi+? I can get to 100m in a city with many networks nearby, which is 3x better than before, but I don't know if I'd get more with the WiFi+

After some test flights could you write how does the range compare to the WiFi+? I can get to 100m in a city with many networks nearby, which is 3x better than before, but I don't know if I'd get more with the WiFi+
Wifi+ get good connection to 100m too with some wifi around. In dense wifi area it is probably less than 100m before video becomes crap

Reactions: JacekJagosz
Hi guys, un the web tellohq there are a lot of accesories for the tello, and I seen a WiFi repeater with big antennas with sma connector just for 15€, all the work with the xiaomi seems to be stupid, take a look at:

Hi guys, un the web tellohq there are a lot of accesories for the tello, and I seen a WiFi repeater with big antennas with sma connector just for 15€, all the work with the xiaomi seems to be stupid, take a look at:
This is not a repeater/extender. It's an USB wireless adapter for PC/MAC/laptops.

Reactions: raulvolador
I found an app called muy netis on play store called my netis, will see... I hope will be like xiaomi home!!!

Last edited:
Can you share the video you mentioned in post #218?

Looking into this further, it's first and foremost a wireless adapter. However, it does feature a Soft AP mode which shares, not necessarily repeats, a (hardline) Internet connection.

softap.PNG

That said, drivers still need to be loaded onto a PC/MAC/laptop and configured with the netis utility tool.

Doubtful that this would work with the Tello but seems more cumbersome (and less portable/compact) to setup in the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv