Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

volate!lo

Reaction score
It is not the same case but it uses the same Chip from MediaTek mt7628kn. The rest of the components looks the same but installed differently.
I think most of these devices use the same chip, but their antennas and their PCB routing, and shielding, all make the difference.

Donatello

Reaction score
Guys I'm really sorry to write this but you were right, my netis is only a kind of s**t that only works plugged into my pc, so I spend 10€ to the proof, the only thing that It occurs to me is to rip It off and try to connect his Big antennas to the damned Xiaomi.
All of this after the experiment if the beer can wifi Booster of course.
I'm waiting for a power bank to do the experiment, I'll keep you informed, thanks...

umanbean

Reaction score
All of this after the experiment if the beer can wifi Booster of course.
The beer can do many things, but Wi-Fi booster is not one of them!

Sorry your Gadget didn't work out... seems the xiaomi is still the best option?

If the Wi-Fi+S was more widely available it would probably be.

Donatello

Reaction score
The beer can do many things, but Wi-Fi booster is not one of them!

Sorry your Gadget didn't work out... seems the xiaomi is still the best option?
Not at all, the other one with antennas does better results....

Donatello

Reaction score
@Donatello - can you return the netis adapter to the store/vendor?

@umanbean - forget beer can, need to build a keg antenna. But first, lemme put the content to good use.

I can't return It because the vendor is from eBay. This beer can Will be so strong to make a parabolic antenna I think (hahaa), Will see if I can handle the tello so far like the brazilian guy of the video.... May be ripping the netis to swap the antennas with the Xiaomi ones....

volate!lo

Reaction score
@Donatello - can you return the netis adapter to the store/vendor?

@umanbean - forget beer can, need to build a keg antenna. But first, lemme put the content to good use.

In some parts of the world that is considered a 'beer can' - barely enough for two friends.

Problem is to convert this into a parabolic shape and fix the extender at the correct position.

I wonder why nobody had tried an old satellite dish. Yes it's bulky but it's much easier to get the focal point right and if one just tries to prove something and become famous...
Around 2.5km would be the limit for a roundtrip, at that point even a fresh battery isn't enough to go much further.

Reactions: raulvolador

AnGo

Reaction score
As your link is no longer valid on ebay and product is no longer available on Amazon, the previously mentioned product seems to be similar or same like this (Amazon Germany):

I bought this some days ago, shipping takes around 3 weeks, so hopefully it is worth the waiting time.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ula78