Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

It is not the same case but it uses the same Chip from MediaTek mt7628kn. The rest of the components looks the same but installed differently.
I think most of these devices use the same chip, but their antennas and their PCB routing, and shielding, all make the difference.

Guys I'm really sorry to write this but you were right, my netis is only a kind of s**t that only works plugged into my pc, so I spend 10€ to the proof, the only thing that It occurs to me is to rip It off and try to connect his Big antennas to the damned Xiaomi.
All of this after the experiment if the beer can wifi Booster of course.
I'm waiting for a power bank to do the experiment, I'll keep you informed, thanks...

All of this after the experiment if the beer can wifi Booster of course.
The beer can do many things, but Wi-Fi booster is not one of them!

Sorry your Gadget didn't work out... seems the xiaomi is still the best option?

If the Wi-Fi+S was more widely available it would probably be.

@Donatello - can you return the netis adapter to the store/vendor?

@umanbean - forget beer can, need to build a keg antenna. But first, lemme put the content to good use.

minikeg_530x@2x.jpg

Reactions: MNNJR69

@umanbean - forget beer can, need to build a keg antenna. But first, lemme put the content to good use.

minikeg_530x@2x.jpg
I can't return It because the vendor is from eBay. This beer can Will be so strong to make a parabolic antenna I think (hahaa), Will see if I can handle the tello so far like the brazilian guy of the video.... May be ripping the netis to swap the antennas with the Xiaomi ones....

minikeg_530x@2x.jpg
In some parts of the world that is considered a 'beer can' - barely enough for two friends.

Problem is to convert this into a parabolic shape and fix the extender at the correct position.

I wonder why nobody had tried an old satellite dish. Yes it's bulky but it's much easier to get the focal point right and if one just tries to prove something and become famous...
Around 2.5km would be the limit for a roundtrip, at that point even a fresh battery isn't enough to go much further.

As your link is no longer valid on ebay and product is no longer available on Amazon, the previously mentioned product seems to be similar or same like this (Amazon Germany):

I bought this some days ago, shipping takes around 3 weeks, so hopefully it is worth the waiting time.

Which one do you think is the best?

So which one of these allowed you to fly at the furthest distance and which one was the most reliable ?

It seems the **** Wifi+S extender is sold out everywhere and the Pix-link one is available instead, should i buy that one or should i go with the Xiaomi 2 ?

So which one of these allowed you to fly at the furthest distance and which one was the most reliable ?

It seems the **** Wifi+S extender is sold out everywhere and the Pix-link one is available instead, should i buy that one or should i go with the Xiaomi 2 ?
I think the consensus is that the WIFI + is the best of them all, and you can still buy it here, in this Spanish store. If you want to buy form a better known place, I'd suggest buying either Xiaomi or Pix-Link, which is cheaper. There hasn't been a direct comparision, Xiaomi works great for many people and Pix-Link for @Jaivuetasoeur and me. Only problem for the Mi is that it has senior moments, where it forgets all the settings, while with Pix-Link you can't choose WiFi channels, which may or may not be a problem.

I think the consensus is that the WIFI + is the best of them all, and you can still buy it here, in this Spanish store. If you want to buy form a better known place, I'd suggest buying either Xiaomi or Pix-Link, which is cheaper. There hasn't been a direct comparision, Xiaomi works great for many people and Pix-Link for @Jaivuetasoeur and me. Only problem for the Mi is that it has senior moments, where it forgets all the settings, while with Pix-Link you can't choose WiFi channels, which may or may not be a problem.

Why are you linking to a spanish store that is clearly a scam ? If no one here has proven to have bought there successfully why are you even mentioning them ?

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater

Hi all,

Last months I have been flying my Tello using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2. It's a great piece of hardware that allowed me flying farther and safer.

View attachment 3268

But recently I have noticed about WIFI+S Range Extender. I bought one of them and gave it a try. I'm pleasantly surprised. It performed very well, better than Xiami. I would like to share my experiences and invite you doing the same.

View attachment 3269

Firs of all, "WIFI+S Range Extender" is sold under different brands and commercial names, for example "Enyu USB Wi-Fi Range Extender", "KOBWA WIFI Extender", "Pix-Link WIFI Extender", etc.. All of them is the same hardware. You can download a PDF Quick Start Guide from here:

https://fccid.io/2AJRQ-ME300RE/User-Manual/User-Manual-3134110.pdf

Externally WIFI+S Extender is bigger, heavier and heats up more than Xiaomi Repeater. This makes it more uncomfortable to use, but all these characteristics indicate that it is more powerful.

I tested both into a well know urban environment I use to flight often, under moderate wifi interference. I tried to be fair. Same conditions, same takeoff point, same route, even same WIFI channel (I tested it using Wifi Analyzer app).

Both flights were at Fixed bitrate 1mb/s and 0 iframe interval.

I clearly got double performance from WIFI+S Range Extender than Xiami WIFI Repeater.

Let me show you some numbers:

sinking 90db to 70db

sinking 70db to 40db

sinking 40db to 10db

Max Distance

Xiami WIFI Repeater

38 mt

134 mt

138 mt

148 mt

WIFI+S Range Extender

180 mt

289 mt

unreached

291 mt
Here an screen capture max distance achieved using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater:

View attachment 3270

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using WIFI+S Range Extender:

View attachment 3271

I hope I will perform further tests in the next future

I'll keep you informed

Raul.
Can you describe the initial setup for the WIFI+S ? I have mine but the installation instructions are not working for me, Tx

I ordered this WiFi + Extender today (mod: ME300RE) I'm curious to try it ... definitely better than the famous Xiaomi?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv