Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

Thanks, it seems the key answer !
I don't understand your answer to Volate!lo
however, to access the usbwifi.cn page you must first have access to the Wifi extender. it is not possible to view the configuration page without having the wifi extender.

I don't understand your answer to Volate!lo
however, to access the usbwifi.cn page you must first have access to the Wifi extender. it is not possible to view the configuration page without having the wifi extender.
Sorry, I left wrong filed in yours. But still thanks.

Which one do you think is the best?
How about distance of Omimo repeater ?
Its transmit power seems 30dBm. Can it reach greater than 200 meters distance?

Last edited:
How about distance of Omimo repeater ?
Its transmit power seems 30dBm. Can it reach greater than 200 meters distance?
Nobody knows if this one will work. Does it forward UDP multicast packets between the two networks?

And forget anything you read about output ratings.
This is not professional high quality network equipment where an output rating would actually have some relevance to the real world. This is cheap chinese junkware . If you buy 1000 units you can get any kind of fake certificate, and have your own name printed on it.

Reactions: Flydrone
Nobody knows if this one will work. Does it forward UDP multicast packets between the two networks?

And forget anything you read about output ratings.
This is not professional high quality network equipment where an output rating would actually have some relevance to the real world. This is cheap chinese junkware . If you buy 1000 units you can get any kind of fake certificate, and have your own name printed on it.
It's hard to buy WiFi+S(FCC version) for me...

Well you can either buy one that is known to work, or experiment for yourself. No way around that.

coming back to this old discussion about regions and their potential impact on transmission power & channels due to different FCC / CE regulations.

I found a way to set the region and the next TelloFpv update will include a dialog where one can select / enter different regions.

Maybe Raul can then test if he can trick Tello into different channels depending on the region.
I doubt anyone here has the equipment required to reliably confirm the presence of different power output modes. Range tests might give a clue but with only 19dbm vs 20dbm I doubt this can count as evidence.
Where can I find a way to set the region in TelloFpv?
What are advantages if one can select region in TelloFpv?

For query Tello's region:

Open About, tap 3x on the credit section which opens a dialog. enter "q:reg" and you should see the region as reported by tello.

Me and others tried changing Tello's region not founding any advantages. A dead-end road I'm afraid. Please, read full thread.

Raul.

Where can I find a way to set the region in TelloFpv?
What are advantages if one can select region in TelloFpv?
Thank you Raul.
Do you know your WiFi+S repeater is FCC(30dbm) or CE(20dbm) version?
Is there any certification Mark on your repeater box?
I noticed that "WiFi+" and "WiF+S" maybe are different specification about tx power. Is it possible that the letter "S" meaning about Super(FCC 30dBm) version?
Where did u buy the WiFi+S?
You bought from which country ?

I may be mistaken but I don't think anyone actually ever changed the region and measured if there were any effects. Because the instructions quoted only query the region but do not set it. That wasn't possible back then

Setting the region has only been introduced recently and nobody bothered to test it I think. A test should include trying to force Tello into certain channels not available in CE, and if possible include output measurements (range tests are not conclusive as too many variables exist)

If anyone is interested: open about box, tap 3x the credits section, enter "texp" without quotes. Two new items are added to the settings menu: expert and Set region.
Set Region queries the region code from the Tello and sets it to your liking. Actually the region is also silently set if you have a brand new Tello that needs activation.

Don't fool around with Expert settings

Edit: I don't expect much from this. It is possible that otherwise forbidden channels are opened up, but I don't think there will be huge gains in output power or range

Reactions: raulvolador
Thank you Raul.
Do you know your WiFi+S repeater is FCC(30dbm) or CE(20dbm) version?
Is there any certification Mark on your repeater box?
I noticed that "WiFi+" and "WiF+S" maybe are different specification about tx power. Is it possible that the letter "S" meaning about Super(FCC 30dBm) version?
Where did u buy the WiFi+S?
You bought from which country ?

No certification mark printed over my repeater, sorry. I bought it at amazon spain. As said, more info into first post of this thread.

Best regards.

Raul.

No certification mark printed over my repeater, sorry. I bought it at amazon spain. As said, more info into first post of this thread.

Best regards.

Raul.
Thank you.

If your use WiFi+S and Xiami repeater how much strength can you measured in Android WiFi Anlaysis APP ?

Thank you.

If your use WiFi+S and Xiami repeater how much strength can you measured in Android WiFi Anlaysis APP ?

I have never perfomed such test (by using Wifi Analyzer type app). I only can refer you to the distance test into first thread post

sinking 90db to 70db

sinking 70db to 40db

sinking 40db to 10db

Max Distance

Xiami WIFI Repeater

38 mt

134 mt

138 mt

148 mt

WIFI+S Range Extender

180 mt

289 mt

unreached

291 mt

R.

Last edited:
so has anyone tested channel and output for different regions?

@volate!lo

As you remember, I performed lot of test last year with no success. These are my conclusions:

-Tello is intialized with a Country Code on startup, but there is no evidence different FCC or CE mode exists, as other DJI drones.

-After lot of research it seems output WIFI power and available channels has nothing to do with Country Code. It seems to be a "dead end road".

From this thread: WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

Maybe I'm being a bit pessimist ;)

I encourage others performing more tests

Raul.

I just found out the hard way, that my Xiaomi Wifi Repeater 2 also suffers from random amnesia. From this thread I conclude that the WiFi+S and possibly the Pix-Link are well tested alternatives.
The WiFi+S appears to be hard to get in Germany at the moment and I haven't seen any range tests for the Pix-Link.
a) Is there a range comparison between WiFi+/+S and the PixLink?
b) Does anyone have a reliable source to get the WiFi+ or Wifi+S from within the EU or Germany? (Only found one seller in Shanghai via Amazon)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid