Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Will the Tello fly in a dji authorization zone

MartinM

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new drone user, recently bought a mavic mini. My problem is I live 2.2 miles from Glasgow airport in Scotland and my drone won't fly, even indoors. Does anyone know whether the dji software will allow a Tello to fly so I can practice indoors and back garden? Thanks for any help.

Sure, you can fly your tello in the garden or at a field its no problem. The app will let you fly

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Does anyone know whether the dji software will allow a Tello to fly
The Tello and it's software are not from DJI but from the manufacturer, Ryze, and the software runs on an Android phone although I recommend you purchase TelloFPV from the Play Store as a superior alternative. Search this forum for TelloFPV.

The Tello itself does not have GPS and I don't think either the Ryze software or TelloFPV checks the phone GPS for flight limited locations so you should be good to go.

Thanks for your help and advice, much appreciated. I'll get myself a Tello in the near future I think.

Sure! You can fly it anywhere. I was just at the airport the other day flying mine!?. ???. Seriously though. It does not have any flight restrictions. Just be responsible and respectful of others. I highly recommend the TelloFPV app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv