Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wireless Interference Questions (Beginner)

sirianth

Reaction score
Hi There!

I have some wireless interference questions. I'm using a tello, the tello fpv app, and a stratus xl controller. I biked down to the river near me recently, and everything worked perfectly. I went back the next day, and although I could drive my drone not in POV mode, I kept getting "wifi interference" message and my video was insanely laggy, so, I couldn't fly in FPOV mode. Is this something "under my control" or did a navy ship pull up somewhere around the river and blast out some sonar?! Does the controller interfere with the wifi (it's bluetooth); if so, then why did it work perfectly the first time? Just tryna learn that FPOV drone craziness; please help!

Best,
AK

"Wifi interference" just means that Tello senses some interference. Could be anything but a Navy ship sounds unlikely. Maybe you had another phone with you, your fitbit, headphones, a buddy with earpods, ...

Most likely its your BT controller.You may try different startup sequences: Power u p drone and connect to drone, then power up controller and connect controller. Or vice versa.
Sometimes helps the devices to minimize interference

Thank you so much.

This appears to have worked. I think I have to pair with the tello first, then use the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid