Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Worth every dollar.

a bit shaky, but mostly very nice video quality.
And the first snow I have seen this season :)

Reactions: Terry
Ya. Hard to avoid a bit of shake at 30 meters. Don't have a wifi repeater yet. Its ordered from Amazon.

Will the wifi repeater help with the shake in the video? I seem to get it more at 30 meters high than I do at 30 meters away. ?

nice video, i wish it was possible to remove the 30 meter altitude limit. with wifi repeater its possible to gain more distance and altitude.

Great job! Nice video. The only way to get rid of the shake is a gimbal. For the price,you can't beat this drone with a stick on baseball Sundays! Nice flying!?
As far as the repeater goes, as long as you are not in a high interference area, you should get around 200-250 meters of flight. Double the stock distance, but don't expect the video to be good past about 150-200 feet. It gets worse the farther away you get, repeater or not.

Thanks. It’s hard not to just throw this little thing in the air. I also have a remote on order but coming from China it’s a bit of a wait. Looking forward to feeling some control sticks under my thumbs.?

Reactions: Magoo582
The shake problem occurs if you are in sport mode (which you should be when flying high as winds are much stronger there).

It also happens in video if you first take photos and then do the videos.Tello has an old firmware bug that causes it to loose electronic image stabilization after photos (not always though).

Wifi extender will not help with this. It just make the flight a bit safer (and allow you to go more distance).

One thing: Don't go to 30m right above your head with phone only. Tello's weakest wifi signal is right below due to antenna design.

What I do notice is when I'm at 30mtrs taking pictures I quite often have to drop down to about 20 for them to download. Are the antennas not wrapped around the landing gear of the tello? If so , it seem weird that you would get such weak signal when you are straight above.?

Reactions: Magoo582
The shake problem occurs if you are in sport mode (which you should be when flying high as winds are much stronger there).

It also happens in video if you first take photos and then do the videos.Tello has an old firmware bug that causes it to loose electronic image stabilization after photos (not always though).

Wifi extender will not help with this. It just make the flight a bit safer (and allow you to go more distance).

One thing: Don't go to 30m right above your head with phone only. Tello's weakest wifi signal is right below due to antenna design.

Thanks for educating. I Did not know about the photo/video switch stability issue.

What I do notice is when I'm at 30mtrs taking pictures I quite often have to drop down to about 20 for them to download. Are the antennas not wrapped around the landing gear of the tello? If so , it seem weird that you would get such weak signal when you are straight above.?
Time to back to school! :LOL:
Radiation pattern of a vertically polarized antenna like this is a ... Donut

Weakest spots are right above and below. So never fly over your head at max alt

Reactions: Terry and Magoo582
so are tellos fixed at 30m height even using WiFi extender??..as I can change settings on iPhone tello app from 10 to 130+m...

max altitude is hard coded in the firmware to be max 30m / 100ft. I know there is a app where you can enter any number, but Tello rejects anything over 30m. The app is just too dumb to check for any errors returned .
Wifi extender only improves wifi link stability, but of course doesn't remove this limit.

Tello firmware does not have a hardcoded distance limit - so the extender helps going longer distances. Maximum distance I have seen in a reliable video is I think 1.4km. Plus/Minus around 10-15% for loss of accuracy over that distance it boils down to around 1.2 km distance.
There are other videos up to 2.5km but all I have seen seem to be faked.

Reactions: Terry and Magoo582

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv