Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xbox Bluetooth controller connexion problem

Askell

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am trying to fly my Tello with an Xbox controller, but I have a problem that leaves me confused.

I tried with 2 different phones, one being a Samantha S8, both are Android.

I can connect the controller to the phone, it interacts with the app, but the controls remain displayed on the screen. It seems that the Xbox controller is not fully recognized. Any thoughts to help?

Thanks

You forgot to mention which app. Ryze app or TelloFpv?

The "it interacts" sounds like the controller was recognized by the OS as a mouse / keyboard, because it is not configured for gamepad mode.

You forgot to mention which app. Ryze app or TelloFpv?

The "it interacts" sounds like the controller was recognized by the OS as a mouse / keyboard, because it is not configured for gamepad mode.
Thanks for your help. Sorry for the ack of reply from me... I was sick for 24 h.

The app is the Tello, I don't see any other name. The one with orange and grey background at start up

I didn't know that we have to configure the controller as a game pad controller. I will look for info about this. D we have to use another app for this ?

Thanks

Sorry but I can't really help with the Ryze Tello app as it doesn't work on my phones (Android 12).

You have to press & hold one of the D-Pad buttons (IIRC "X" but may be wrong) while powering it on. Then search for it from the controller settings page in the Tello app.

Do not pair the controller in the Android Bluetooth settings!! If already paired delete it in the BT settings.

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the ack of reply from me... I was sick for 24 h.

The app is the Tello, I don't see any other name. The one with orange and grey background at start up

I didn't know that we have to configure the controller as a game pad controller. I will look for info about this. D we have to use another app for this ?

Thanks
How can you set it to gamepad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv