Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi Repeater onBoard Tello mod

Did you come across a "strong wifi interference" error? I'm having it after my xiaomi mod.

Is there any reason the MI repeater cannot be plugged into the OTG usb port direct instead of soldering the power connections?

OTG connection works fine. It's what I use.
I figured it would thanks for the heads up! I wonder why go through the extra steps of splicing and soldering... weight reduction of the usb connectors can be the only reason I see, which is valid for permanent usage I suppose.

Reactions: xcrost
Has anyone tried using one Tello mounted repeater? Instead of using two Xiaomi Repeaters, one ground and one air(Tello mounted)? There will obviously still be flight time concerns, but I'm curious if it would make any difference Essentially, you would have a straight line of sight continuously. Rather than the signal having to go from controller(phone), to repeater, to Tello and then back again at whatever distance they may be from one another. Maybe it doesn't matter?

Great stuff! I was thinking to try something like that, but instead of using that repeater maybe I'll just buy an repeater with larger antenna and use LEGO mount to hold it.
i would advise doing a three d printed structure to mount, its lighter and stronger

Has anyone tried using one Tello mounted repeater? Instead of using two Xiaomi Repeaters, one ground and one air(Tello mounted)? There will obviously still be flight time concerns, but I'm curious if it would make any difference Essentially, you would have a straight line of sight continuously. Rather than the signal having to go from controller(phone), to repeater, to Tello and then back again at whatever distance they may be from one another. Maybe it doesn't matter?
The antennas in the tello are much better than the ones in your phone. so it works best closer to the phone.

Kindly asking author of this topic to provide some video recorded by using onBoars repeater, I am very curious to see video quality improvements.

Kindly asking author of this topic to provide some video recorded by using onBoars repeater, I am very curious to see video quality improvements.
I am not the author, but I have found some video tests of him.

Hey @raulvolador, I need a bit of help. I found exactly the same otg cable as yours in my house, and I tested it before cutting and it worked like a charm. But after soldering only black and red wire, it seems that my Tello doesn't provide enough power to repeater.

I was concern that I destroyed something, and solder normal USB cable, connected it to power and it works again! After that, I desoldered it I give another try for my OTG cable, but nothing...

Am I missed something, maybe with white nad green cable inside OTG?

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv