Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2...WOW!!

joeke3el

Reaction score
Received the Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2 today and had the time to try it out from my back yard. After a week of learning with the Tello in the yard I had a good idea of the range and video quality to expect without the repeater. All I can say is WOW, what a difference! It's good to see a product live up to your expectations.

Joe

Great to hear you're happy with the purchase. I'm still learning how to properly pilot my drone before using the extender.

Now, your next experiment should be how far can the drone go with the range extender ;)

Great to hear you're happy with the purchase. I'm still learning how to properly pilot my drone before using the extender.

Now, your next experiment should be how far can the drone go with the range extender ;)

Well, I can tell you that I keep a full signal nearly all the time while 100 feet up. Previously that height would give me a lot of weak signal warnings and no bars on the WiFi. The biggest bonus to me though is being able to get a lot of video footage without skips now. Here is a photo at approx. 100 feet launched from my back yard. At this height I still have full signal strength.

Attachments

• NRBW2410.JPG
    NRBW2410.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
Reactions: Guorium and SLANGza
Received the Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2 today and had the time to try it out from my back yard. After a week of learning with the Tello in the yard I had a good idea of the range and video quality to expect without the repeater. All I can say is WOW, what a difference! It's good to see a product live up to your expectations.

Joe
How did you set the extender up with your cell phone to extend the cell phone wifi range?

How did you set the extender up with your cell phone to extend the cell phone wifi range?
Use the xiaomi mi home app. There is a few YouTube tutorials on this. Just watch out because at about 50 to 60 m away the tello becomes impossible to see. I tested mine in richards bay with a lot of trees everywhere and at 3mb bit rate and at 80m still had good video feed.

Yes, as Koedoe888 said, I used YouTube videos and there are also discussions on this site with the steps to take to get it working.

The extender sounds good! I just ordered one along with my incoming Tello and am looking forward to somewhere in the 50-60m height range in order to get some interesting aerial perspective photos.

The extender sounds good! I just ordered one along with my incoming Tello and am looking forward to somewhere in the 50-60m height range in order to get some interesting aerial perspective photos.
I think 30 meters of height may be the maximum.

Joe
I bought and installed the extender with good results, better video quality and doubled control range. Unfortunately a gust of wind on maximum range 118m resulted in my drone drifted out of control and lost. So be careful to prevent this happening to you.

Reactions: joeke3el

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv