Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Yellow Band in Video

nanikore847

Reaction score
Hi. I recently got a new Tello. It flies pretty well and I'm quite pleased with it. However, when I take videos, with auto-bandwidth, 1.5Mbps and 4Mbps, I see the same issue - a yellow band at the top of the video. Happens all the time on video, but I haven't seen anything like this on photos. Attached a screen grab. Should I contact Ryze or is this a known thing?

App version : 1.3.0.0
Firmware: 01.04.91.01
Loader: 00.01.00.00
Android: 4.4.2

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2019-10-24-tello1.jpg
    2019-10-24-tello1.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 12
Which phone are you using? Have you tried:
  • Turning on Airplane Mode (except Bluetooth as you're using a T1d)
  • Updating the firmware
  • TelloFPV demo/full (requires Android 5.0)

Which phone are you using? Have you tried:
  • Turning on Airplane Mode (except Bluetooth as you're using a T1d)
  • Updating the firmware
  • TelloFPV demo/full (requires Android 5.0)

Thanks for the reply.

I was using a Sony Xperia ZL2, so I can't go to Android 5 unfortunately. However, I do have a Moto 5+ I can try tomorrow (need to recharge the Tello batteries) and I just downloaded the TelloFPV demo.

I don't think I had airplane mode on, so I'll specifically check that tomorrow also (and just re-enable BT/wifi). It did the same with or without the T1d.

Firmware 01.04.91.01 seems to be the latest available according to the Tello app.

Just by looking at this it is100% a codec issue. The app developers could fix it, but its a known problem affecting tons of users and they ignored it for over a year.
The only thing you can do is get an updated ROM. If thats not available you will never be able to fix this, its simply nothing that can be fixed by a user.

As for the Moto, I think this is also affected by this codec issue (several Motos are, but I don't remember the exact models). Really bad luck you have phones from the only two brands that I know are affected.

TelloFpv should run OK on the Moto if it runs at least A5.

Thanks for the responses.

I tried it with my Moto 5+ / Tello App and it has exactly the same video issue. I tried the Moto 5+ with TelloFPV Demo app, and the video footage was fine, which points to the Tello App for sure. I have made a case with Ryze, if only to add a number to the list I expect.

It's been a few years since I re-ROM'd a device, so I'll see if there are any reputable Android 5 images for the ZL2 SOR25 (recommendations welcome), otherwise I'll have to use the Tello App till I upgrade early next year, though I expect to buy the TelloFPV app for my son, since it seems the better app anyway.

Video isn't the killer app for my son or I, so a little time is fine, and thanks for pretty much confirming this is a codex/app issue and not something wrong with my Tello!

Many thousands of users must have raised this with Ryze over the last two years to no avail. It affects a handful of phone models, with the Moto being the most prominent one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv